Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    specialk63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Ford 6.0 diesel engine problems
    My 2005 ford 6.0 diesel started running ruff when I first crank the engine it in the mornings. This only lasts for about 5-15 seconds then smooths out and idles normally. The warms the engine gets the smoother it runs. This started a little over a week ago. In the past two days it has become extremely hard to start and the engine shakes and knocks pretty hard for about 20 seconds, but today I can't get it to start at all. It tries to crank and fire but shuts off before it can run. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2010, 12:07 PM

Perform steps in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2007 ford f250 diesel engine problems [ 2 Answers ]

I traded my 99 f-250 7.3 diesel in for a 2007 f250 6.0. According to my cousin that work in the oil fields, I made a big mistake. The 7.3 is much sought after and I could have gotten more money out of it. Too late. The 2007 had 54k miles on it and the first morning, the cold start was terrible. It...

2006 ford diesel engine problems [ 2 Answers ]

2006 f 350 diesel starts when cold and does not when hot and laso runs rough

Water leak problems on a ford 7.3L diesel engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 ford f250 7.3L diesel 4x4 truck and it is leaking water from somewhere severely.. it looks like it could be coming from the water neck that is on the motor where the upper radiator hose is connected to... and for the first time today it ran extremely hot and had no coolant/water in...

Ford power stroke diesel engine [ 7 Answers ]

My 97 Ford f350 power stroke diesel quit on the way to work . The fuel filter was changed Then on the way home it quit again. After sitting for a little bit it started again. It will run good for about 15 minutes then shuts off. What could be wrong with it?

Ford FL3500 DIesel Engine problem [ 1 Answers ]

I got a Ford FL 3500 Diesel Engine problem. Once I replaced injectors, solenoid switch, change engine oil, starter and alternator , fuel pump, batteries, all filters change. Thus problem as follow occurred: The diesel is not finished burnt in engine and turns to power. Speed and power is low...

View more questions Search