Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tany072075 Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Jun 9, 2010, 03:53 AM
    How long can a company keep a temporary employee without hiring, offering benefits
    I've worked for a company for about 6 months now as temp. have applied for full time and had an interview. Have a very large work load with no help. How long can they legally keep me as a temp
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 9, 2010, 04:00 AM

Indefinitely. There is no law requiring that they hire you at all.

My daughter was working over a year on a temp assignment, until they decided to let the temps go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

May a full-time employee also work as a temporary employee for the same company? [ 3 Answers ]

We are a small CBRF (community based residential facility) in Wisconsin, with 12 full-time employees. In the past when a full-time employee could not work we either have a temporary/pool employee to work ($12.00 per hour). However, sometimes pool employees are unavailable. In that case we have...

Do you know any company hiring freshers now? [ 10 Answers ]

In engineering field, it may be software or hardware. Iam a fresher in B.E(ECE).

Hiring a 1099 employee [ 3 Answers ]

I am a website designer and I am in the process of hiring a 1099 sales rep. Is there any idea of what all I need to put in writing for the hiring paperwork? Thanks in advance.~MWD:eek:

NY Corporation hiring a New Jersey employee to work in New York [ 1 Answers ]

I am owner of a New York Corporation hiring a New Jersey resident to work for me in New York. What are my tax responsibilities? Please include corporate, withholding, unemployment taxes in your answer.

Hiring a pregnant employee [ 3 Answers ]

During the interview process if a candidate discloses that she is pregnant and this affects the employers decision on whether she should be hired, can the employer be sued?

View more questions Search