Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrWebDesign Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Hiring a 1099 employee
    I am a website designer and I am in the process of hiring a 1099 sales rep. Is there any idea of what all I need to put in writing for the hiring paperwork? Thanks in advance.~MWD:eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 04:43 PM

As much as possible, who owns the accounts, what is expected of him, what is their duties, what commission or payment you will make, when payments are made, what happens for charge backs

Every possilbe thing you can expect to happen and some you hope don't
    MrWebDesign Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Thank you for the help. I am working on it now.~MWD
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 05:42 PM

So many things, what area ( or is there areas) what if they contact someone that you have already talked to ?
    Are they going to collect the money or do you do all the billing
    How do they get the orders to you, do they have the right to make a contract for you that obligates you. If no, make sure all of your material says that no offer or acceptance is approved till approved by ( title or name)
    Will they have a right to change companies and go to work for someone wo competes against you, and then try and steal the customers,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 employee [ 12 Answers ]

I will be starting a part-time job doing some accounting work and the company that is hiring me said they will be giving me a 1099 form instead of w-2. I realize I have to pay taxes on my own, but I have the following questions: 1. Do I have to pay taxes quarterly? 2. Since I don't own this...

1099 misc on a hiring bonus [ 2 Answers ]

My husband took a position that gave him a hiring bonus. No taxes were taken out, then we received a 1099 on top of a W2 form for taxes. Is this just "untaxed" income when we file taxes. When do the 1099 forms need to be sent from employer/we are still missing one from another job and its...

NY Corporation hiring a New Jersey employee to work in New York [ 1 Answers ]

I am owner of a New York Corporation hiring a New Jersey resident to work for me in New York. What are my tax responsibilities? Please include corporate, withholding, unemployment taxes in your answer.

Working as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time [ 2 Answers ]

Can you work for the same employer at the same time as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time. Example selling insurance at an agency getting paid on w-2 for the clerical work and 1099 as for the commission on sales of the insurance from the same desk?

Hiring a pregnant employee [ 3 Answers ]

During the interview process if a candidate discloses that she is pregnant and this affects the employers decision on whether she should be hired, can the employer be sued?

View more questions Search