Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cryjadc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Can my mom press charges on me for not giving her my phone when my dad bought it
    My mom got mad at me, so she wanted to take away my phone. It was a dumb reson. I wouldn't let her have it, so she called the police and she said they said she can press charges on me. Can she? It's my phone my dad bought me. I live with my mom. The phone is in his name.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 12:23 PM

The phone is in your father's name, and he pays the monthly bill as well, right? Then no, she can't "press charges" against you not giving it to her. But she can make your life miserable in other ways, and will find other ways to get back at you, so my advice is to cool it on whatever it is that got her so mad at you in the first place. If she does end up taking the phone, you should let your father know so that he can cancel the contract.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cryjadc View Post
    my mom got mad at me, so she wanted to take away my phone. it was a dumb reson. i wouldn't let her have it, so she called the police and she said they said she can press charges on me. can she? it's my phone my dad bought me. i live with my mom. the phone is in his name.
    Don't worry! It is smoke on water.I doubt she called the police.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can She Press Charges? [ 9 Answers ]

On a popular social site, someone with whom I used to be friends, and two others (for privacy's sake I'll just call them boy 1, girl 1, and girl 2) ganged up on and group internet-bashed me. My friends jumped in and defended me. Now, her side won't stop with it and I can't get my friends to...

How can she press abandonment charges? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother received divorce papers in the mail. He has been separated from her for little over a year. She is trying to press abandonment charges on him. He has tried to contact her and her mom several times. She has changed her cell phone number 3 times. Told him he wasn't allowed at her house. I...

Can you press charges on this? [ 2 Answers ]

A girl I had been arguing with over text (b/c she slept with my boyfriend) showed up at my place of employment and falsely accused me of harassing her and selling drugs to try and get me fired. I n ever threatened her and she is also pressing charges on me... basically because I called her a slut....

Press charges. [ 2 Answers ]

When people press charges on somebody, does that mean your going to jail right away or do you go to court first?

Should I press charges ? [ 37 Answers ]

I was corresponding w/ a girl through classmates.com - she got mad on some stuff I said, I kept emailing & then come to find out she went down to the police dept. & guess she had a friend down there, he in terms comes to my home un-announced, to find out if I was corresponding or not, he then was...

View more questions Search