Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzjewels30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 12:31 PM
    Boyfriend cheated wit his ex wife.
    My boyfriend cheated with his ex wife... found out that he was sleeping with her about 3 months into our relationship.. I let it go because I really thought I found the right man this time.. but it continued on for the next 6months.. when confronted him on it he denied it... it is partly my fault because I am open to other woman but only when in our bed together... now I finally let him go.. he tells me that he only cheated because his children needed their dad. Mind you they have been divorced for 2 yrs before I met him. We are now back together and doing well raising his 15yr old daughter,but I don't trust him , can't seem to let the hurt go away.. yes he is with me always but now she is trying to get to him every chance she has.. how do I get over the hurt and stop being mean and untrustful... I love this man but can't stand that I knew he was cheating and let him do it.;.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 12:36 PM

Completely cut ties with this guy. No one cheats on his girlfriend because his kids need their dad. That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. There's no reason to continue down this path. Obviously he's still hung up on his ex. He doesn't belong in a relationship right now. Stop putting yourself through all the hurt and frustration.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 08:14 PM

So why are you still accepting what he has done? Oh that's right, its okay to screw around if your invited, but not on his own.

That's not love, but your making a mistake and letting it go, and then taking him back. Now you have to still deal with the feelings his cheating caused in the first place and really, that's a really long hard process. Is he still cheating with his ex? Or is he better at hiding it?

How can you love someone more than you love yourself?
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzjewels30 View Post
    .. he tells me that he only cheated cus his children needed thier dad.
    Really :eek:

That has got to be one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard , and I've heard some doozies :rolleyes:

How many more lies have you fallen for , and how many more will he tell. Sorry to be harsh but what a douchebag cheater , I'd kick his sad A$$ to the kerb , and find someone who respects you enough to not have to lie to you.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 05:54 AM

Wow and you bought that sorry excuse? How many more lines are you going to swallow from him?
    JK191 Posts: 151, Reputation: 31

Jun 2, 2010, 06:35 AM

How about you give respect yourself and tell him to leave you alone?

If someone cheats on you, they aren't worth your time.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:05 AM
    "i let it go because i really thought i found the right man this time.. but it continued on for the next 6months"

You need to consider those words. Ask yourself, why would you feel so needy, and have so little respect for yourself, and why you would need a man so badly, that you would justify him having a six month affair.

He is who he is, and you condoned his behaviour.

This isn't about him as much as, where is your pride? Do you think so little of yourself, that you don't think you can do better?

And think very seriously about the fact that he has children with her. They will be in his life for likely a very long time. He cannot end the relationship with his ex, because of it.

Do you truly see a future with him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife cheated. [ 6 Answers ]

I Found out my wife was cheating on me. She was call this guy when I was at work or at night when I was alsleep. She keeps on telling me that they were only friends and that nothing happen. I don't know what to do and confused.

Wife cheated on me. Now what [ 13 Answers ]

OK I have been married for almost 15 years. The furst few years of marriage were pretty rough. I was a control freak and jealous (turns out for good reason, but honstly I was jealous long before she was a cheater). We had a really bad 2 year spurt which is when she cheated, that was 6 years ago. We...

My wife cheated on me [ 22 Answers ]

I have been married 17 years and my wife has cheated on me 3 times (that I know of). The last time was 5 years ago and she has never really apologized for doing any of it. I know that she loves me but for some reason, it is becoming harder to coninue staying in love with her. Can anyone offer some...

Filing using my ITIN and my wife wit SSN [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is a US citizen and I am not a resident, if we file jointly do we qualify for any credits? i.e. earned income credit, child tax credit etc...

View more questions Search