Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessabunny Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 05:29 PM
    How can I cope with being molested by my older brother?
    My older brother molested me numerous times when I was about 12 years old. I would be sleeping and he would come in to my room at night, lift the covers, and touch me or rub himself on me. I was so scared I would just lay there and pretend I was asleep. It got to the point where I would hide a knife under my pillow and tell myself the next time it happens I would kill him. Of course, I was too scared to do that, too. One day we got in to an argument and I finally exploded and told him if he did ever touch me again that I would kill him. He laughed at me, called me sick... then, he called his buddies over. They stood in my door way and laughed at me and made fun of me. I grabbed my knife and started cutting myself instead. For years I cut myself trying to get rid of the memories and the pain. I told my mom, she didn't want to believe me. She sent me away to live with my dad. I was hospitalized for cutting. I turned to drugs, alcohol, and for some strange reason I craved sexual attention from men. Soon after I was hospitalized yet again... but I was only put there because my dad was unable to handle me. He left me there until my mom agreed for me to come live with her. Things got better for awhile. Until my brother moved back in with her. I kept my door locked, slept fully clothed but one night I heard the lock on my door pop. I laid there silent... trying not to breathe. I felt my covers being lifted so I quickly turned on my stomach hoping he would leave. He did and I heard him lock the door again. I called the police. A detective came out the same day and my mom was so upset. After he left she begged me to tell him that it was all a dream. She said it would ruin his life and he would never get a job. So, I did... and my mom ended up kicking me out. Recently, I just moved back home from Clearwater after ending a bad relationship. I had no where to go so I moved in with my mom. My brother was living in the garage. I woke up one night and found him sitting on the side of my bed with one of my breasts out of my sports bra and my pants just below my waist. I screamed "!!!!" and he got up and ran. I called the cops again. I filed a report but since I wasn't sure he pulled out my breast and they didn't just come out in my sleep... they couldn't arrest him for just sitting on my bed looking at me. *Creep* I don't know what else I can do. We got in to a fight shortly after, I didn't know I was pregnant at the time. He had me on the ground punching me in the face and I kicked him through the front door... and of course called the police and filed a report again. They didn't do anything! NOBODY EVER DOES ANYTHING TO TRY TO HELP ME!! Now I'm pregnant, can't take anti depressants, not willing to hurt myself and risk losing my baby and I can't afford a therapist. I've been stuck most of my life and it's really wearing on me and I want to be mentally o.k. for my child. I'm so tired and I don't know what else I can do. Please help.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 29, 2010, 05:52 PM

How old are you now and who got you pregnant?
    jessabunny Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 06:48 PM

I'm 23 now and my boyfriend. Luckily we were able to get a place together shortly after I filed the last police report.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 06:55 PM

You get into counseling and do not allow brother near you, call the police every time, if the other incident was not that long past, go to the DA and demand action
    loveone23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Hello sorry to hear that happenend to you. I have been in a similar situation but he was my cousin a close cousin at that and when I finally got the courage to say something to my parents it seemed like that maybe my mom was in denial the sad part about it isthat everyone acts like it never happened and it still a big part of my life I find myself getting in relationships with the wrong guys and then being depressed because I'm looking for some type of compassion. My situation encluded penatration and oral when I was about 5 all the way until about 7 it happen when he would have to babysit me and my other siblings I feel like I'm scared and nervous when ever I see him I just don't know what to do or who to talk to about the whole situation if you ever need someone just to talk to or relate to I am def available.
    Yuki12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 06:06 PM
    This happened to me too :(
    I was 8 and my bro was 16. After a shower he wuld... do the thing with me. I didn't know it was bad, I was so stupid. But when I was 9 I got the courage to tell him to stop. But to this day, I sobb about it silently on my bed. I hate him forever, he ruined my life.
    mimiluvsu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Hey sorry to hear about your situation the same thing happened to me since 2nd/3rd grade by my father. He wuld call me into his room and tell me to come lay down with him. He wuld slowly rub me first my arms then my legs then my stomach. He wuld then proceed to put his hand and my underwear and rub me. His breathing wuld get heavier and he wuld kiss me on the lips. My mom was never home and I was to scared to tell anyone but about two months ago I finally told my mom in my 13 yrs of life. I cry every night because of him and I hate it! I HATE HIM!
    Notfairmovingon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 07:56 PM
    My brothers did the same thing. But I never told my parents. I recently told my dad n he knew since for a long time. One of the recently committed suicide. 4 months ago. Guess he couldn't live w himself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cope with brother that molested me as a child [ 48 Answers ]

My brother is 4 years older than me. Our family was very close (loving parents, no abuse, very normal). When I was very small, I knew my brother never wanted to be around me. He would want to go anywhere I wasn't. I adored my brother and wanted his attention so badly I would do anything to make...

How do you cope with the fact that your boyfriend is much older ? [ 12 Answers ]

HI, I am a 20 year old girl and I am in a relationship of 3 years with a guy who is 20 years older than me. In the first year of our relationship I was really attracted to him, but now because of the stress that he is facing at work, he started losing hair, he has more grey hair than before, he has...

Older child with issues causes conflict - can't cope anymore [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 25 years old. My ex husband and I adopted her when she was six months old. From a very early age it became clear that she was extremely jealous of any relationships I had with any of her friends. She said she hated that they liked me as I was HER Mum and not theirs. I know...

How a parent should cope with the news of his daughter being molested [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My husband and I just found out that his daughter from a previous relationship had been molested 3yrs ago. She was around 7 yrs old at the time My husband hasn't seen her in a few years but they talk on the phone regularly. My question is how does he cope with the news. There is no way...

Older brother that cares. [ 4 Answers ]

There is no category to show sibling questions so here I am. Hi, I have an ongoing situation within my family that I wish to cease. My two youngest brothers yell and scream at my mother at every chance, they berate and physically intimidate her & they have stolen off me for years. My mum is a...

View more questions Search