Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidmrustan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 05:17 AM
    '97 Honda Civic power window won't work
    I have a '97 Honda Civic LX, still in GREAT shape, but over the past month the two back power windows have been really slow going up and down.

Now, the right, driver's side back window is down about 8 inches and it's 'dead.' Won't go up or down. I tried replacing the fuse, but with no success.

The back passenger window is really slow, but will go up and down. The two front power windows are fine.

Any thoughts? Is it the motor in the window? I'm somewhat handy, but wondering what's all involved.

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Several thoughts:
    . Use power windows regularly because, if you don't, the lift mechanism and motor tend to stick shut. This happens frequently on rear windows, which aren't used often.
    . Clean window gaskets and tracks with silicone spray--you want to keep them clean and lubricated.
    . You usually need to buy the lift mechanism and motor as a unit and they can be quite expensive. Really shop around on-line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'89 Honda Civic - no power to fuel pump [ 7 Answers ]

My little 89 Honda Civic had been running fine... then suddenly a few times it felt like the fuel delivery was getting weak, then it'd perk back up. I parked the car for a few days and drove my main car. I went back to the Honda after a 5-6 day hiatus - and it won't start. It turns over, but...

93 honda civic gauges don't work [ 8 Answers ]

My speedo won't work, whole gauge cluster messed up, please help

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

92 honda civic lacks power [ 1 Answers ]

My 92 civic has been misfiring. I changed the spark plugs, cables, cap & rotor. The car started then turned off. Apparently the distributor went out. I changed that, the car was running fine. Next day it starts to lose power. Not exactly it lacks power but it takes long for it to get going. It...

97 Honda Civic/lights and AC won't work at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My 1997 Honda Civic is acting up. It was raining yesterday and I had the AC going on defrost. When I turned my lights on, the AC went off. When I turned my lights off, the AC came back on. They won't work together. The battery is a lifetime battery, it starts up just fine, it's just...

View more questions Search