Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 12:21 PM
    92 honda civic lacks power
    My 92 civic has been misfiring. I changed the spark plugs, cables, cap & rotor. The car started then turned off. Apparently the distributor went out. I changed that, the car was running fine. Next day it starts to lose power. Not exactly it lacks power but it takes long for it to get going. It doesn't have a quick reaction when I step on the gas. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 12:32 PM
    When you say that you changed the distributor, did you install a new ICM (igniter) and coil? Make sure to adjust the idle rpm and check the timing. The timing may be retarded too much and you are losing responsiveness. Undue the three 12 mm bolts and rotate the distributor slightly counter-clockwise, if you don't have an inductive timing light.

Did you use NGK spark plugs? Have you replaced the fuel filter in the last 60,000 miles?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'89 Honda Civic - no power to fuel pump [ 7 Answers ]

My little 89 Honda Civic had been running fine... then suddenly a few times it felt like the fuel delivery was getting weak, then it'd perk back up. I parked the car for a few days and drove my main car. I went back to the Honda after a 5-6 day hiatus - and it won't start. It turns over, but...

94 honda civic ex [ 6 Answers ]

Well I have an 94 civic ex and it's giving me problems and the problem is that when I shift gear and go (happens on every gear) then its making this sound from the engin and plus the car is'nt picking up speed like not enough airflow going though or burning gas so I think my trans bad or clucth is...

92 honda civic dx [ 1 Answers ]

Hi well I was driving and my car turned off and it didn't want to turn back on so I checked it out and I found out that the main relay was burned so I changed it then I replaced it.. the car turned on perfectly but ten minutes later the car turned off and it didn't want to turn back on so I...

Cold water in bathroom sink lacks pressure [ 3 Answers ]

No other outputs affected. Recently, had sprinkler system put in. They cut main line and patched it. At first, lots of muddy water was coming out of sink, toilet and shower. Then all water stopped. They found the debris in the pipe and cleaned it out. All worked well, but now my cold water...

View more questions Search