Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daleahedwards Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 05:50 PM
    My dad won't let me date a black guy what do I do
    My dad seen me standing next to a black guy (im white) and he flipped, and made me go home, that night I told him I liked him and he lost it. He won't let me date him, but I really like him. I don't want to loose my dad but what else am I to do? He doesn't love me when I'm happy or for who I am, he loves me for who he wants me to be.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 05:55 PM

How old are you? I think your father is absolutely wrong for forbidding a relationship based on skin color. Unless there's more to his reasoning than what you've told us. But if you're a minor and living under his roof, then I think you should follow his rules until you can move out and make your own rules for yourself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2010, 06:17 PM

Agreed, how old are you, and even where do you live.

Most know I am married in a mix marriage but can also attest to the fact that it is harder than a normal one, since people on both sides will treat you different.

But if you are a minor living at home, you have little choice but to obey your dad
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2010, 07:50 PM

You can talk to your dad, but you have little choice but to obey him. How does your mom feel about this, and how old are you?
    LexieLovesHim Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 08:42 PM

Ahw, well I'm sorry. If you truly like this guy, you should talk to your dad. Ask him why he judges all black people... explain and prove to him that this guy you like is a nice guy that's worthy of you. If you don't really seriously like this guy or don't want to talk to your dad, it may not be worth it. You will move on and find someone else. But if you truly like this guy and your dad still doesn't want you to see him, then you could wait the time out, depending on how old you are. Good luck to you :)
    cuddles101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 07:38 PM
    I feel for you and what your going through but it shouldn't matter what your age is or living under your fathers roof, its about you being happy and trying to talk to daddy about how u feel about this black guy. But if he can't seem to understand or don't want to understand then keep trying if it don't work out between you and your dad then its time to take drastic mesures that's going make u happy.. this your is your, life and only you can live your life if you are wasting all your time on trying to please daddy or anybody else for that matter it would make you miserable depressesd, and become with drawn from the world and others... please if your father is racist there is no way in the world that you can change him but if your 18 an older then start working on somewere else to live so u can be happy but if your under age then u have to follow your parents rules but not to the point that u have to be cut off from dating or being friends with any nationality. I want u to be happy but if daddy don't budge then talk to someone about this okay?

I wish u all the happiness in the world, and since this post is two years old I hope you are with the guy you choosed to be with good luck

Take care and God Bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Big headed guys in teen body skateboarding. Black guy and a white guy. I don't know the name. [ 2 Answers ]

Wats the name of that song that in the video it has these two guys like skateboarding with big heads in a teen body saying something like I don't want to grow up or something. I've tried vh1.com but nothing because I saw the video on the show like a long while ago and I'm sure the song came out...

Which guy is best to date? [ 4 Answers ]

I really like this guy but I know he means me no good since he'll want sex from me but however, it is fun dating him and stuff. However, there's this guy that is pursuing me, he's everything a girl could ask for, but I'm not that all interested. Which guy is best to date, the guy I love to have fun...

Pregnant and not sure which guy can be the dad [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My name is amanda and I just need to ask a question and wanted some opinions. I am 8 weeks pregnant and there are two possible fathers. The first one is dan. Dan is the father of my first son. Me and dan had broken up in late dec of 2006. Me and dan were seeing each other once in a while...

I want to date this guy. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I posted this on another board and wanted to post it here as well to find out more opinions on this because I am completely confused by this... Ok so there is a guy I have been friends with at work for a long time and we started hanging out about a year ago. We would always talk at...

View more questions Search