Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2010, 02:25 PM
    missed miscarriage..
    Did home pregnancy test on March 20th 2010 then went to doctor and found out I was pregnant hcg level was at 772 then had to go to the emergency cause of light cramping no bleeding had another hcg quantative level done it was 2350 a couple days later had and transvaginal ultrasound done and found out I was carrying twins! Last period was February 20th but I have very irregular periods. Then on April 4th just little cramping and they took my blood level it was 44485 and everything looked good. Cervix uterus everything. Then I had and ultrasound done on the 20th of April and the doctor told me that he couldn't see the heartbeat and that my gestational sacs weren't shaped that good that they weren't circle enough and that one of embryos just stopped growing. And that he got that I was six weeks and three days off the bigger embryo and that right now it was looking like there is only one baby now. Very nerve wrecking and disappointing to hear. So he schedule me for another ultrasound in 10 days but I went to the emergency the following Tuesday cause I just wasn't feeling well and they said that so far I looked good that both embryos looked good and that I was six weeks and that they couldn't see a heartbeat but sometimes it is to early. Also my hcg level was 85885. So when I went for my ultrasound that Friday my boyfriend and I were looking at the screen while the nurse was dong the transvaginal ultrasound and they looked like to us that they got bigger but still no heartbeat so she called the doctor in and he said that they weren't growing and that my sacs were deformed looking and that all the way around I had a missed miscarriage. And that he had other patients at six weeks he could see there babies heartbeat. So he knows and that eventually I will start bleeding and cramping really bad. So it'll be best for me to get a d & c right away but it was up to me. But I still felt so pregnant and still was growing he said my sacs were bigger but not the embryos. Is it really true you think I just had a missed miscarriage?? = ( = ( = (
    SONOMAMA29 Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

May 5, 2010, 04:00 PM

Hi mimi, I actually do ultrasounds, I have been for 10 years and I am a RDMS (sonomama/sonograms) I see A lot of this almost on a weekly basis. Transvaginal ultrasounds are the best when your dealing with a really early pregnancy like yours sounds. At 6wks, usually the first thing you see if the little flicker of the embryo. Your body is still going to "feel" pregnant, you have a lot of HCG in there girl! If you do decided to go with the D&C they will still be checking your HCG to make sure it is going down. If you want for you and your boyfriend to know that your making the right decision you DO NOT have to schedule the D&C today or even this week. Go back in 1 week for another ultrasound and tell him that you want to see for yourself. Go online and look up ultrasound pics and you will see a nice round gestional sac with a good chunky decidual reaction around the sac. And you will see a normal formed 6 weeker with a pounding beating heart. Be prepared that this could be true but at least you and your boyfriend know your capable of getting pregnant together. If unfortunately this is a missed miscarriage or missed AB, give your body time to recooperate and have a few periods before you try again. Hopefully I was some kind of help. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Possible Miscarriage [ 2 Answers ]

I'am 4-5 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing upper abdominal cramping for the last few hours (much like constipation; I feel bloated and haven't been able to do much in the bathroom besides urinate----if you know what I mean). It is tolerable, by that, I mean it is not intense pain. I just...

My miscarriage, but I want to try again [ 3 Answers ]

I was on here about a month ago now, saying that I have tried for a baby for quite a few months... I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant, and that same week, I was bleeding, went straight to A&E and was confirmed a full miscarriage... It absolutley killed me, I didn't know what to do, I blamed...

Miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks on 1st November this year, during my labour I passed several large blood clots. About seven hours after delivering both the baby and placenta I passed another blood clot about the size of a dinner plate. I woke in the early hours of this morning with a sharp sabbing...

View more questions Search