Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 02:49 PM
    Is it wise to file for bankruptcy while going through a separation?
    I am going through a separation and my wife insists that we file for bankruptcy. I tell her that by filing for bankruptcy, it's just going to make it worse. It will remain in our record forever. Is it wise for me to file for bankruptcy while going through a separation? What can I do and what are my options?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2010, 02:51 PM

It does not matter if going though a separation or if married, divorced or widowed. You file for bankruptcy if and when from a money view point you can not pay your bills and do not have the ability to pay back your debts.

It is not forever it is for 10 years.

Do you have a lot of joint debts that she may stop paying on, to make you have to pay them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

How do I file for Bankruptcy In Ca. [ 2 Answers ]

I have about 60,000 in credit card dept. My wife lost her job can't make the min. payments anymore. Can they take my quad, motorcycle, her car my truck... They are all paid off. I have the titles on all of them, should I put them in someone else's name? Do I get an Attorney ? Help?

Why would a couple NOT file for a separation first? [ 11 Answers ]

I know a couple going through a divorce, but they did not file for a separation first. They are living together in the same home until the divorce is finalized. Wouldn't it make sense to file for separation first, or, would they not file because they didn't see themselves reconciling? He's...

How often can you file bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

If I filed bankruptcy 5 years ago, can I file again. It was a chapter 7

View more questions Search