Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradjen3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 09:49 AM
    I have 3 $2 bills in sequence and uncirculated dated 2003, are they worth anything?
    These bills were given as a gift to me, my husband and son, they are dated 2003, with the letter I, and we were just wondering if they are worth more than face value or if we should hold them. I also have a $2 bill dated 1995, with a small brown liquid stain with the letter F, and one that has been circulated, dated 1976 with the letter L. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 12:54 AM
    Hi, bradjen3!

I've moved your question out of Other Money & Services to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to catch the attention of Flying Blue Eagle, our Coins & Currency Expert.

Thanks!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 25, 2010, 01:00 AM

well, banks still hand out $2 bills when people ask for them, and they have some on hand, so I'm guessing they're only worth face value.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 08:00 PM

bradjen3- I needto know a couple things in order to give you the correct answer
    SO #1-On the face side of the notes ,I need to know what the {FEDERAL RESERVE BANK {ISSUING BANK}{ NOTE}- ON THE FACE side ,on the left end there is a seal[treasury seal] in the center circle there will be a letter[from A- thru- L} and on each end there will be 2 numbers[example- H-8;Which is { ST. LOUIS,and the numbers [8]- so you have the district [ H -8, which is st louis mo.
    NOTE- There is 12-FEDERAL RESERVE BANK-DISTRICTS ACROSS the USA,
    STARTING in BOSTON,-AND ENDING in SAN FRANCISCO< THEY ARE NUMBERED (1 throu 12 ) {EXAMPLE- A-1 is BOSTON MASS., B-2-is NEW YORK, { K-11 is DALLAS:: AND THE LAST IS { L-12 } witch is -SANFRANSICO CALIF.} NOTE - In anmswer to your first question- GRADE_UNC>(UNCIRCULATED) YES they are quite valuable for being this young; they run from $80.00 each to $100.00;; waiting for your reply;; your answers:: HAVE a great day and GOD BLESS ;;F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 dollar bills with silver certificate on them dated 1935 C and 1935 D [ 2 Answers ]

I have dollar bills 2 1 dollar bills that has the silver certificate on the top. 1 has a date of 1935 C and appears in good condition with folded creases in it. The other 1 is dated 1935 D it appears a little more worn. Just wondering if they are worth hanging on to. Thanks

What are my 1976 two dollar bills worth ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two two dollar bills with the letter I on them and there from minneapolis Minnesota. What are they worth?

I have a 100,000 mark from Germany dated 1922, what is it worth? [ 2 Answers ]

what is the value of a $100,000. Mark from germany dated 1922

2003 Dollar Bill With a Gap! Is It Worth Anything? [ 10 Answers ]

I have this 2003 dollar bill with a gap on the front. Is it worth anything?

100 two-dollar bills still in bank bundle dated 1976 [ 2 Answers ]

I want to first say hello, and thank you all in advance for any help. I am a Ballroom dance coach, and biomechanics expert. And would be delighted to help anyone in those areas. I have an assortment of paper money and coins left to me by my mother. I do not know if taking it all to a coin dealer...

View more questions Search