Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aherc007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 03:30 PM
    Carrier Payne Heater unit Pilot lights and turns on and off
    I have a Carrier/Payne Heater that is 20+ years old. It was working fine but now when it calls for heat, the pilot light turns on and after a few seconds it will lower the flame and then it will start clicking again to turn on the pilot. The gas valve starts making some noise but the heater never turns on. I replaced the gas valve 646AX but the problem continues.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2010, 07:19 PM

Sounds like you may need to clean the flame rod, or the piolit assembley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier heating unit, we lit pilot but others burners will never light and so we have [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We are freezing to ice cubes here, please someone help us with an answer. We lite the pilot on our Carrier system just as the instructions on the panel say to do, but when we turn it to on nothing happens. The blower blows cool air. The burners are not lighting inside. Last year...

Payne Gas Pack Furnace Heater And A/C Unit [ 1 Answers ]

It's a Payne Gas Pack forced air furnace and A/C unit. At first the a/c functioned properly during the summer,now in winter the heat would'nt work. It's a unit that sit's on top of the roof in a apartment complex. First I thought it would be the tstat so I replaced it with a upgraded flux 400...

Water heater pilot lights, but not burner [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a house that was vacant for a year and had been Winterized. I lit the gas water heater pilot but the burner would not light. Now what?

Carrier Furnace pilot lights, nothing else happens.its cold! [ 16 Answers ]

Hi All, First, thanks for the great place to ask for help. I've learned a lot about my furnace after reading many posts online, but I have not been able to solve my problem. Here goes: 1) I have a Carrier 58DH060-CC (Made in the 80's) 2) When starting from scratch, if I turn off the...

Pilot light turns off when I turn my heater off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help with this problem I've been having with my heater. I have a Day & Night heater and whenever I turn the heater off, the pilot light goes off and I have to manually light the pilot each time. Any clues on what could be the problem? Thanks for any help!

View more questions Search