Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbutler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 07:35 AM
    What happens if respondent doesn't reply in a Florida divorce?
    My husband has been served with divorce papers. What happens if he doesn't respond within the 20 day period?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2010, 04:03 PM

If he was properly served then a hearing is scheduled and the Judge Orders the Final Dissolution of the marriage.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 04:08 PM

1. he was served? If served and he merely refuses to answer or attend the hearing the case will go on without him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing for divorce in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

When I file for divorce is it then public record? Or does it become public record only after it has moved through the court system?:confused:

If a Petitioner doesn't respond to the Motions served by Respondent in a divorce case [ 3 Answers ]

If a Petitioner doesn't respond to the Motions served by Respondent in a divorce case? What happens?

Married in vegas, live in Florida and I want the divorce. Can I do it in Florida? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I got married in Vegas.. I'm from Guatemala, we are still in the process of legalizating me, but we've been having a lot of problems, and I'm actually contemplating a divorce. We live in Florida... do I have to go back to vegas to get a divorce, can I do it from here in Florida.. what about...

Simple divorce in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have some money, so I want to divorce my husband. He is a prisoner with a sentence of life w/o possibility of parole. We have no kids, no real assests, and any property of his that I have has no real value, I.E. paperbacks, VCR tapes, etc. According to my county's clerk of courts...

Florida Divorce/USMC in Iraq [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just got divorced January 19, 2007 in FLORIDA, he is a US Marine that has been put threw the ringer, He is in Iraq right now so I'm trying to help him out. In his "final judgment of dissolution of marriage" it states specifically: Pursuant to the Marital Settlement Agreement,The...

View more questions Search