Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Building a BBQ Stand from Composite Decking
    I am going to build a very basic BBQ stand. I'll basically build it like a 5'x5' platform deck. My question has to do with the trim and the abuse it might take from the weedwacker. I will use a gray composite on top, but I'm not sure if I want to use the gray composite on the sides or the Veranda trim boards that can be painted. If I use the gray composite, it will probably show grass stains. If I paint the trim white, it too will stain but I can always repaint it.

What do you think... gray composite or white for the trim?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2010, 02:04 PM

Use gray composite=will be able to clean with hose and do no damage.

Chuck
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Apr 20, 2010, 05:11 PM

Okay, I like that idea. I was leaning that way too. I'm a real good painter, but I never look forward to it. Thanks for the help.
    jenniferjasper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Here is a great article that is really helpful with choosing the best type of composite decking! http://bit.ly/cUaGbq

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Want To Seal My Composite Decking [ 8 Answers ]

My question is, will it hurt the integrity of the material? Our goal is to match it to the concrete coating we had installed next to it (it looks exactly like the decking except darker) and to repel stains. I have to get down on my hands and knees and scrub to remove dirt. I don't have a...

Trek vs composite decking materials [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking at building a deck and do not want to have high maintenance but also want to keep costs low. What is the difference between trek material and composite decking and is the price difference that great?

Can I Seal Composite Wood Decking? [ 1 Answers ]

Our composite wood deck is only 2 months old and is stained with red dirt. My question is, can I clean it and then put a sealer on it? It would make my life much easier if I could as we live in the middle of the woods and know it will only get worse with tree sap and such.

Composite Decking saw blade [ 12 Answers ]

The manufacturer (Evergrain) recommends 2 teeth per inch. Would that mean an 80 tooth 12" chop saw blade and 40 tooth 7.25" circular saw blade? From ThisOldHouse.com - "To cut composite or plastic decking, manufacturers recommend using carbide-tipped saw blades with 18 to 24 teeth per inch, to...

Composite Decking [ 1 Answers ]

I have an existing wood deck. Would like to replace the floor boards, railing and stair system with a composite material. Live by the ocean so need a product that will withstand the elements. Heard of Trex, Veranda, Fiberglass--any advice on these or other products would be appreciated.

View more questions Search