Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jalldis1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 09:39 AM
    My puppy eats the bark from the planters and later throws up nothing but bark.
    My puppy eats the decrative bark from the planters and then throws it up. Is this bad for her
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 10:37 AM

What kind of bark? Some contain dyes and chemicals.
    Is it the big chunk kind and he's just gnawing on it or little and eating the whole piece?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2010, 08:12 AM

If your pup is throwing up the bark, then obviously her body cannot digest it.

You need to keep her away from the trees. Its not healthy of anything to continue to throw up.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 08:24 AM

Yes it is bad for her.

Not only are some barks treated with chemicals but they can also splinter and cause perforations to your dogs esophagus or stomach.
    They can also cause bowel obstructions.

Best to get some high garden edging and stop her from getting in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog can't bark, sneezes and throws up flem and yello [ 40 Answers ]

My 10 year old Lab-chow used to bark loud, he tries to bark but he can't anymore. He scraches the side of his nose and is reverse and regular sneezing all day long. He is throwing up white thick stringy mucus and yellow stuff about 2 times a day. At night he is pretty good maybe a sneeze or 2. He...

My dog won't bark [ 4 Answers ]

We just adopted a Hound dog (not kidding that's the breed) and she is as sweet as a lamb. 2 yrs old and healthy. Obvious signs of abuse so we are taking it very slow with her lots of love and assurance. She gets along with our cat and they are making their way as to who gets what room - peaceful...

Cutting through bark [ 5 Answers ]

Why does cutting through the bark of a tree often kill the tree?

My Dog won't Bark [ 4 Answers ]

We own a 8 mo miniture Dashound,when we purchased him he use to bark.But he has not barked since February.He did bark about 3 weeks ago,when our son attempted to take a t-bone from him.:) We have read up on this bread & found out they are barkey dogs.Our neighbor has three & all they do is...

How to I get my puppy to bark when he needs to go? [ 3 Answers ]

My 4 month old puppy is getting better with pottying outside now. But he always just stands at the door and so if we don't see him there, he just ends up doing his business next to the door. Is there a way to teach him to bark when he needs to go? Or is he going to naturally learn himself?

View more questions Search