Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    readykilowatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 01:09 PM
    End of line resistor
    Does anybody know what an end of ljne resistor does in a fire alarm system?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 01:12 PM
    If you use the Search tool, you will find this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...rs-274767.html
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Apr 11, 2010, 06:48 PM

It is used to induce a trickle current in the alarm loop. That way, the alarm panel can detect the wire being loose, broken, or melted during a fire and trip the alarm.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 05:35 AM

The Resistor used as an end of line resistor is needed to show an intact circuit, without it, if you had a short, open or fault across the pair, it would not be seen without the resistor. It MUST be within a couple of hundred ohms(more or less depending on Panel) or it will show as a fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to expect with end stage liver failure, time line? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to all this and read a bit of the forum and came across a thread by Jason re his dad who died from liver failure, cirhossis, wanted to ask a few questions to him or anyone else who went through or going through this. My dad is 62, in final stages of liver failure, just admitted him...

My toilet is at the end of the line on the other side of my main stack how do I vent [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet is at the end of my drainage line do I have to install the toilet on a tee instead of a 90 and run the vent or can I just add a tee at the main stack before my shower and sink

What type of end cap used be used on a 1" hot water line [ 2 Answers ]

The cap on a 1" Plastic cap on a 1" water line released when the ball valve was opened a quarter of a turn. It is my understanding that the end cap was a plastic cap that threaded on the end of the pipe. The system had been previously tested at 150 psi. Are the plastic end caps sufficient for the...

Track lights: low voltage vs line voltage.comsume the same electricity in the end? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I just installed a section of track light in my living room just to see what it would look like and so far I'm not convinced... you see, I had a regular celing lamp with a 75w incandescent bulb and the room was very well lit... now with the track light I find that I need 3 fixtures with halogen...

View more questions Search