Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsparks41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 12:54 PM
    My toilet is at the end of the line on the other side of my main stack how do I vent
    My toilet is at the end of my drainage line do I have to install the toilet on a tee instead of a 90 and run the vent or can I just add a tee at the main stack before my shower and sink
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 02:11 PM
    If it's allowed in your area you can use the sink vent to WET VENT the toilet... and the shower for that matter.

Check your local plumbing codes and see if wet venting is allowed. If it is, and you haven't run the drain pipes yet then you can save a lot of time and money and still accomplish your goals with much less work than running individual vents for everything.

Let me know...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bends in main drain/vent stack [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4" cast iron main drain stack that comes out of the foundation and runs about 40' up through the roof. It is leaking and falling apart so I plan on replacing it, my question is can I go up 5' from the basement floor and punch it through a 18" thick brick wall with 2x 90* bends, run it...

OK to vent only through main stack in a small bathroom? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I will be totally gutting and redoing my home's only bathroom next month and am trying to iron out any problems now before I start ripping things apart. I have a few questions about the best way to do things... The main waste/vent stack is cast iron, and runs vertically through the...

Possible Blockage Main Stack Vent [ 1 Answers ]

The two toilets and the tub in the upstairs bathrooms are plugged and will not drain or flush. There is a gurgling sound when we flush or try to plunge the toilets. I have been told by a plumber that he thinks the main stack vent is blocked. How can I unstopped or clear the main stack vent? Are...

How do I tie into main vent stack? [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any tricks to put a 3" Tee into the main vent stack to add a lavatory? I don't think I can lift the top part of the stack up or push the bottom part of the stack down once I cut it in half but I think I'll need to seperate it by something like 2" and then push it back together to have...

How do I tie into main vent stack (cont'd) [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm all new to this forum; my apologies for not giving you enough information! The soil stack (didn't know the difference between a soil stack and a vent stack until you explained it) is a vertical 3" PVC pipe and I'm trying to tie a 1 1/2" PVC pipe into that for the lav by using a 3" x 1 1/2"...

View more questions Search