Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cairi1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 07:31 AM
    visa extension b1/b2
    Hi,

My parents are visiting me on B1/B2 visa. I would like to extend their stay. I gathered that they need to fill in an I-539. Since they are married, it seems that I can use one form for the both of them, using my dad as the applicant and my mom as a family member who is filing the form with the primary applicant.

My question to someone who has had experience with this:
    1) in general, is this the proper way to do this?
    2) if I use one I-539 form for the two of them, does anyone know about the fee structure? The instruction for I-539 says "The filing fee for Form I-539 is $300 except for certain A and G nonimmigrants ...". Is the $300 fee per person or per form?

Thanks.

Bostonian
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Apr 7, 2010, 08:42 AM

Correct, Dad is the principal applicant and Mom is a dependent listed on the supplement. One fee for the form, regardless of the number of family members included. Have a great visit with your parents, good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urgent on J2 visa extension [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I entered US on a J2 visa. Earlier my husband had a work status up to sept/09. Therefore I got Visa accordingly. Now mY husband got a new DS2019 depicting extended status. He is already having US-visa up to 2013. Do I need to visit my home country for an extended visa or I can get this visa...

Student visa extension [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to all I am new here and I would like to know something about my problem. Here is my situation I came in Canada,Toronto some months ago as a student from Albania with a student visa. When I came here I filled in some applications for extension of my study permit. My study permit extension was...

Extension for h4 visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have an H1B visa and my wife is on a dependent h4 visa. My visa expired last year, 30th sept 08, and my company renewed it. I did include my wife's name and information on that primary form but the company didn't file any separate forms for her. I understand that I was supposed to file an...

E-3 Visa extension process [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Australian citizen currently working in Vermont on a E-3 visa, I wish to apply for an extension, however I am having trouble contacting anyone as USCIS who can tell me what the extension process is, and what forms I need to submit, and what other accompanying documentation I need, and of...

View more questions Search