Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2010, 10:40 PM
    At last we have found an american with an opinion
    Kevin Rudd hits back at Robin Williams' redneck jibe | News.com.au
    What a shame it has to be done for cheap laughs. All I can say is Robin Williams is a coward, he didn't express those views whilst working in Australia and taking our money for what he calls acting

It seems the ugly american is still with us. He couldn't even do a decent imitation of an aussie accent. Any decent self respecting kangaroo would smack him in th mouth for his limp wristed imitation of a kangaroo.The thing is, I am all right, Mate! And the less we see of loud mouth american nitwits the better off we are. You have a nice day now.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Mar 30, 2010, 10:48 PM
    Oh, get over it, would you! Lighten up.
    Im sure he didn't mean to offend anyone. He's a comedian, and he's very good at it.
    I thought it was pretty funny.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2010, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolfe View Post
    Oh, get over it, would you! Lighten up.
    Im sure he didn't mean to offend anyone. He's a comedian, and he's very good at it.
    I thought it was pretty funny.
    He only dared to say it in front of an american late night audience, now if he had done the routine on the stage in Australia he might have even got his facts straight and got a laugh, but he couldn't even tell the difference between Australian Rules Football and Rugby, so not funny, just idiotic. But then you have to consider the audience, after all, it was Letterman, not the smartest audience in town
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 11:28 PM
    Williams has spent much of his standup career using stereotypical and exaggerated voices/accents... I just expect it of him and anybody is fair game, including me and my ugly american friends and ugly american family of different heritages, backgrounds, etc.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Mar 30, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    He only dared to say it in front of an american late night audience, now if he had done the routine on the stage in Australia he might have even got his facts straight and got a laugh, but he couldn't even tell the difference between Australian Rules Football and Rugby, so not funny, just idiotic. But then you have to consider the audience, after all, it was Letterman, not the smartest audience in town
    paraclete, come on. He's doing his job. His job is to make people laugh, that's all. And he did.
    Im sure he doesn't have anything personal against Australians.
    Take a comedian like Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock. Both black comedians. In some of their acts, they make fun at white people. Now of course they over exaggerate how white people are, but that's just to be able to make it funny. Im white, and I don't take it to heart. I think it's pretty funny myself. And Im sure that neither one of them have anything against white people.
    When I listened to that thing Robin Williams did, I just thought it was funny, that's all. But it doesn't make me think that Australians are any different from anyone else. No matter where you live in this world, we all have the same needs and wants as everyone else. And just trying to get through this life is hard enough on us all. I think it just makes it a little less dismall when we can laugh at ourselves from time to time. Life is hard enough! Don't you think?
    Instead of this Kevin Rudd guy making a big sissy deal about it and trying to get people upset, I think he should be a little more mature about it and act more like a leader, instead of a trouble maker.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 02:44 AM

So, you think the Canadians should freak over this one?

YouTube - Blame Canada by Robin Williams @ Academy Award 2000
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:04 AM

I will tag these for later viewing . Suffice it to say that appreciation of William's humor is dependent on who is getting their ox gored .

From my perspective ,as he has gotten older his standup act has become vulgar and crude .

His acting is much better when he ventures from comedy into serious subjects. He is in fact a fine actor when he tackles a serious role .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I gain american citizenship if one parent has British and American Passports? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I gain American citizenship if one parent has British and American Passports? I am a British Citizen and in my early twenties, am I able to still gain dual citizenship? My mother was born in America although she lives in the Uk. I also have an English cousin who married an American in the last...

Just want your opinion? [ 17 Answers ]

My husband wants me to grab the top of his head when he preforms oral sex, but I am not sure if I should? I would feel like I am being to aggressive , but is this something that some men like ?

Where are most young American patriots found today? [ 2 Answers ]

Certainly not in the Obama campaign. They are volunteers in the armed forces of the United States. A legacy of the Nixon administration and the successive presidencies is the all volunteer force that protects Americans and many freedom loving citizens around the world. They aren't drafted,...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

Need some help / opinion [ 16 Answers ]

I've been swimming at the university pool since July and sort of known this boy. It took him a couple of weeks of saying 'hi' and chit chat to ask for my number and ask if I wanted to have lunch (that was August). Although we agreed to meet up (weeks later), he didn't show up... and had some...

View more questions Search