Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Where are most young American patriots found today?
    Certainly not in the Obama campaign. They are volunteers in the armed forces of the United States. A legacy of the Nixon administration and the successive presidencies is the all volunteer force that protects Americans and many freedom loving citizens around the world. They aren't drafted, thank the Lord, and I hope we never go back to that. We didn't need it in 1776 and don't need it today. And who are some recent enemies of freedom? "Two women suicide bombers who have killed nearly 80 people in Baghdad were Down's Syndrome victims exploited by al Qaida. The explosives were detonated by remote control in a co-ordinated attack after the women walked into separate crowded markets, said the chief Iraqi military spokesman in Baghdad General Qassim al-Moussawi. Other officials said the women were apparently unaware of what they were doing in what could be a new method by suspected Sunni insurgents to subvert toughened security measures. More than 70 people died and scores were wounded in the deadliest day since the US "surge" of 30,000 extra troops were sent to the capital this spring." The rest of the article: Women 'tricked into suicide blasts'
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 12:32 PM
    In a Military Academy?
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Feb 2, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Great Post... Good points across the board. I wish more of us cared about these things. Our patriotism comes at a high price, but a price so many are willing to pay. We need to continue to honor them in everything we do. Not just the men and women fighting right now oversees, but the men and women who fought, throughout our break from England.

Our freedom is something we all can so easily take for granted. Living in a state where we began and ended our fight with England is truly an honor. It allows me to honor them by raising my children to know and appreciate that which was lost and why.

Thanks George_1950 for taking the time to post this thought...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patriots Vs. Chargers [ 4 Answers ]

What are your guys thoughs on sundays game, Pats and Chargers, who do you think will come out on top?

New England Patriots [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it doesn't seem that many people get on this board, but I wanted to throw a question out there and see if I can get some opinions. Do you all feel that the Patriots received fair and just punishment for their actions? Do you think they did anything wrong in the first place? I...

Today is "Great American Smoke Out" Day [ 14 Answers ]

As some of yous may or may not know... I am a smoker! I smoke approximately a pack and a half a day! Way too much! I have a 12 year old daughter that has been driving me crazy with wanting me to quit. (Understandably). She will hide my cigarettes or throw them away when I'm not looking! My...

Found a very young puppy [ 3 Answers ]

We just found a male puppy approximately 3 to 5 weeks old. He has fleas REALLY bad. What should we do about that? I just read on another site to feed him whole milk mixed with an egg. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

View more questions Search