Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charmaine m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Can I swop like for like laptop hard drives
    I have 2 compaque presario cq61 laptops. One has a dodgy screen the other a dodgy hard drive. Can I just pop the good hard drive from the dodgy screen one into the other?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2010, 09:02 PM

If same models as you state, should not be an issue
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2010, 11:02 PM

Go to the Compaq site and run your P/N on each. The biggest problem you can run into doing something like that is chipsets or architectures. Some companies have several hardware options for a single model number... the hardware needs to be exact, or pretty close to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swap two windows XP hard drives on one laptop. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a company issued laptop with windows XP installed. I also installed XP on another hard drive using the same serial number for my personal stuff. So when I want to use the laptop for company stuff I put the company one in and when I want to use it for personal stuff I put the personal hard...

Hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Can I connet to hard drives in the same PC

How do I find out what Hard Drives is compatible with my laptop? [ 1 Answers ]

I think my hard drive is burnout for my laptop I cannot check what hard drive is compatible with... Laptop Info : Compaq Presario C302NR Intel Celeron M Processor 420( 1.6Ghz, 1MB L2 cache, 533Mhz FS3) 512 MB System memory, 60GB Hard Drive So far that's all I know.. Also I wanted to...

2 hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 hard drives in my 3ghz 512 video memory and 1 ghz of RAM but my computer run slow do I need more RAM.:)

Hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a problem this question,the bad sector and the bad cluster of the hard disk? I am so worry about this,please help me to solve this question. Thanks

View more questions Search