Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodgehoff Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 01:42 PM
    1996 GMC Pick up V6 Engine
    On the compression stroke, are the intake and the exhaust valve closed at top dead center?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Yes, they should be closed during both the compression and power strokes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More Help Needed On 1996 Gmc Pickup, V6 With Vortek Engine [ 1 Answers ]

The distributor is removed, timing chain and sprockets removed, and the motor has been turned over. I'm now ready to align everything to include how I align the balancer shaft sprocket with the cam shaft sprocket. Upon lining that up, I install my timing chain and cam gear - I need instructions...

Timing in 1196 GMC pick up V6 vortek engine [ 1 Answers ]

TXgreasemonkey gave me an answer (thanks) but I'm still have problems. I'm lining up the timing chain sprocket and crank shaft sprocket. The are lined up dot to dot - the timing chain is at 6:00 and the crank shaft is at 12:00. The #1 piston is at top dead center. When I install the...

Timing on 1996 MGC pick up V6 with vortek engine [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the heads in my pick up and I've been trying to set up the timing chain with the balance shaft gears and distributor and my truck still will not start. I believe my problem is getting the distributor lined up - I'd appreciate any help I can get. I've spent hours working on this. ...

Who Do I Pick [ 11 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone of you watch Greys Anotomy but how Maridith had to pick between the vet or Doctor well I have a same thing I'm not that old in middle school bu my way ia why go out with someone if you can't see yourself with them forever anyway... :confused: so about my problem person lets...

Check Engine Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1996 [ 1 Answers ]

What Could Be The Reason Why My Check Engine Light Comes On, Also How Often Do I Need To Change The Oil, Tires?

View more questions Search