Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsbarcello Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Gss20ie ge side by side refrigerator will not dispense ice or water
    Gss20ie ge side by side refrigerator will not dispense ice or water
    reynoldstwo Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 02:53 PM
    I too had the same problem with my GE side by side. I posted the pretty much the same question as you and the answer was that I needed to go to the Amazon website and purchase a heater for the freezer, the water was freezing. A heater needs to be installed inside of the freezer. I spent many hours researching the information online and decided it was the thing for me to do. The Amazon part follows:

General Electric WR49X10173 DISPENSER WATER TUBE HTR
    by General Electric

It cost $26.00 ( we also put in a new water filter),came with paperwork to describe how to put it to work. Thankfully my husband was able to get it put in and working as it should've been working. That was around 11 months ago and that part still works. Best of luck to you with yours.
    Mrs. Reynolds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator side by side leaking under ice and water dispenser. [ 5 Answers ]

I have the GE side by side about a year old and it has leaked under the water & ice dispenser every since I purchased it. The repairman said to put a paper towel under the lift out tray, but that doesn't help. It leaks down the front of my black refrigerator and looks bad and is impossible to...

How do I take the Ice/Water control panel off a GE side by Side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to resolve a no water issue for my water dispenser. I get water to the dispenser tube in the door, but the tube is either blocked (Frozen?) or if you know the refrigerator, does the solenoid shown in the door assembly also effect the water flow? If I can get the assembly out, I can...

GE side-by-side refrigerator frost-free freezer coils has 1/2" ice [ 0 Answers ]

GE side by side refrigerator; frost-free freezer freezes up. I have a GE frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 7 years old but for the past six months I have been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside coils, and then the refrigerator doesn't get...

GE Side by Side Refrigerator Not Dispensing Water or Ice [ 2 Answers ]

Our builder installed a GE Side by Side Refrigerator - model #GSS25SGRFSS with water and ice dispenser slightly over 3 years ago. Besides being very loud and the occasional flash freeze of vegetables in the fridge side we haven't really had any problems up until a week ago. One day the water...

GE refrigerator side by side GSS25JFPDWW slow Ice maker only 3 times in a month [ 1 Answers ]

It's the craziest thing, the ice maker does not make cubes, the water tray is full and in place but the rotating thing that throws them out of its maker does not seem to turn in a cycle to make more. The feeler arm, should it be under the cube maker or away. It moves side ways, in or out. We...

View more questions Search