Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaymarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Is it my tap water causing the ph to rise, I just did 50% water change
    I have a 2 month old 55 gallon tank. I have already made huge mistakes starting with to many fish to early. So I have fought the nitrite and nitrates from the beginning. Not wanting my fish to die I performed the 25% water changes every other day, I made it through. I currently have 2 Cichilids, 1 blue gourami, 3 bala sharks and 1 dragon fish. 1 of the balas has got a puffy eye and swimming funny so I treated the tank with malchite green. I left the lights off and covered I it for 24 hs. Then I put the carbon back in over the back filter did a 50 % water change. Treated tap water like always and now my ph is at 8.4. I have really old seashells in there that have been in tanks before and have been in this tank since start up and ph has never been this high. Could my tap water been having a bad day? Also the fish looked good yesterday but another bala has got a cloudy puffy eye and isn't a stable swimmer. Do I need to treat the tank again, How are they getting sick when they've been fine and water was good? Please help

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

I have only luke warm water coming through my hot bath tap and sink tap [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I am suddenly only getting luke warm water coming through the hot taps in my bathroom. All other rooms are fine. I have a bungalow with two bathrooms a kitchen and a utility room. The system is run off a LPG combi boiler.

Only warm water from bathroom sink taps but hot water from bath tub tap [ 0 Answers ]

I get hot water from kitchen sink tap and from bath tub tap but only warm water from sink taps in both bathrooms.If I turn on the bath tub tap the warm water at sink taps will get hot but only if I turn on the bath tub hot water tap.The only change that I made was to move the water heater from the...

Dripping hot water bath tap causing damage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all Can anyone assist me,I have a dripping bath tap that has caused(I think)the underside of my bath floor to become wet,resulting in a water mark on my downstairs kitchen ceiling.Tried to remove the washer,but the nut inside the tap is on so tight I can't remove it with a wrench. The seal...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search