Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MABELLA168 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 07:24 PM
    How can I bargain a better claim value?
    I have a car accident yesterday, right after the hailing storm, I drive consistently on road, because of the bad weather, I can only realise a yellow light on when I get closer to the intersection point, I then stopped, and the car behind me crush on my back, I will say it is a total lose to my car, as I see the cost to repair it is far more the it worth in the market, however, since this car is very memorable and so important to me, I will choose to repair it. How can I bargain a better claim value with the other party's big insurance company while I'm not insured?
    Abraham34 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 03:53 PM

Do you mean not insured - period - or not insured yourself to cover your own damage? In either event you will find it difficult to bargain for a higher settlement value, as market value always prevails. What that might be is down to the other side BUT if you have improved your car in any way, or it has a low mileage, that will help. Is it essential that you have your own car for personal transport - you might be able to claim 'loss of use' - however, in every situation like this you can never claim more than M.V. and regretfully sentimental value cannot be quantified. Sorry, this is only my opinion but based upon experience as a motor insurance consultant.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 03:59 PM

being "memorable" to you does not add to its value, if you go to several of the web sites that value cars, you use those to show its value at retail.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 08:58 AM

You might be able to bargain for a few extra dollars if you can show the car was in exceptionally good condition but the value is going to be blue book or something similar.

What makes a car memorable?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plea bargain? [ 6 Answers ]

Tomorrow I am set for a criminal trial. Can I still plea bargain and avoid the trial? Because I certain I will lose the trial.

Bargain & Sale Deed vs Quit Claim [ 1 Answers ]

I own a home with my ex boyfriend. He has agreed that he wants no proceeds from the sale of the home when it is sold. I am not planning on selling for many years however I would like to get him off the deed so if he does change his mind down the road he will not be able to claim against it. Which...

Plea Bargain [ 1 Answers ]

What Plea Bargain they can give you for a Theft Under 50 Charge?

Plea bargain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys.. my question is do you plea bargain when u enter a diversion prog for shoplifting where u donot plead guilty but do some charity work and donation and then your charges are withdrawn.. please advice.. thank you

Keeping their Bargain [ 4 Answers ]

I have been to court a couple of times to obtain my college transcripts... I neither one nor lost the case... In California, according to court system, I can get the cash equivalent of my transcripts as no 'in kind judgements are awarded'... I therefore settled my case with National University and...

View more questions Search