Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    child of God Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Free examples general funds journal entries
    Prepare general fund journal to record the following cash transfers that a city made from its general fund to other funds. Be sure your entry reflects the nature of the transfer.

1. 4,000,000 to provide start-up capital to a newly established internal service fund that will account for the city's data processing activities.
    2. 50,000 to pay for data processing services provided by the data processig internal service fund.
    child of God Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 01:20 PM
    I need help with journal entries please. Prepare general fund journal entries to record the following cash transfers that a city made from its general fund to other funds. I have to make sure my entry reflects the nature of the transfer.

1.4,000,000 to provide start-up capital to a newly established internal service fund that will account for the city's data processing activities.

2. 50,000 to pay for data processing services provided by the data processing internal service fund.

3. 38,000 to reimburse the capital projects fund for equipment rental costs that it incurred on behalf of activities accounted for in the general fund.

4. 300,000 to pay the electric utility fund for four months of electric service.

5. 600,000 to enable the debt service fund to make timely payments of princinpal and interest on outstanding general obligation debt.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 06:35 PM

You should always post your own attempts to do a problem first.

However, it may be irrelevant because I don't know if anyone on here does fund accounting. It's a specialized area. I had like one chapter of it in an advanced class a bazillion years ago.
    gotquestion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by child of God View Post
    Prepare general fund journal to record the following cash transfers that a city made from its general fund to other funds. Be sure your entry reflects the nature of the transfer.

1. 4,000,000 to provide start-up capital to a newly established internal service fund that will account for the city's data processing activities.
    2. 50,000 to pay for data processing services provided by the data processig internal service fund.
    gotquestion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by child of God View Post

waleedbubba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Cash A/c 4000000
    Capital A/c 4000000

Services provided A/c 50000
    Cash A/c 50000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Journal Entries [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make a general journal entry for expenses the owner has paid out of his pocket? This is a new business and beginning capital came from an invoice to a customer and not the owner.

I am working on a Comprehensive Problem. One of the transaction is: Recorded weeks cash receipts for photo work $1350 Recorded 2nd weeks cash receipts for photo work $2170 etc. In the General Journal would this transaction go under? Cash - Debit side Photography Revenue - Credit side...

General journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

Sr. Citizens recievables represents visits made by hair inc to area sr citizens centers after giving giving haircuts one day hair inc bills sr center $2500 For the general journal entry do I Debit cash 2500 And credit sr center recievables 2500

General JOUrnal entries [ 1 Answers ]

What do I debt and credit on a general journal entry for this problem Cash revenues received for various services were mens haircuts 3,200 women's 4,800 perms 980 and senior citizens 680? Please help!

Hair Inc purchased a car for employees to use when driving to off site haircuts. Record as hair equipment. Cost of the car is $21,000, $10,000 is paid in cash and the reminder is financed with a 3 yr 8% note payable the principle amount being paid in full December 1 2009 interest is paid annually...

View more questions Search