Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedeagle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 06:24 PM
    Carpet to tile transition
    I may have missed up already. I installed tile before the carpet in room. I have put tile in the walkways of entrance in main door but door is halfway between room. Is there anyway I can put carpet to it without putting a top strip on the carpet.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 06:41 PM

Welcome confusedeagle

What type of tile did u install?

Does tile go under door?

What is floor under tile and carpet?

If answer these questions an help u.

Chuck
    confusedeagle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 07:00 PM
    Reply the tile goes under the door and goes out a few steps so that nobody immediately walks onto carpet in the room sort of like a walkway. The floor is wooden. The floor I am putting carpet on is wood.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2010, 03:18 AM

If tile is vinyl, the carpet can be rolled and stapled over leading edge of tile.

Cut padding one inch short of where u want carpet to end.

Cut carpet about 21/2 inches longer then padding. Roll carpet under to meet padding and staple down or nail with carpet nails.

If ceramic tile, treat edge of tile like a wall and install tackless tack strips.
    Tuck carpet between tile and tackless.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet to Tile transition [ 10 Answers ]

I have the tile intalled and will be installing the carpet up to it. The border will be 11 feet long and runs across part of my basement from wall to wall. I would like to just butt the carpet up to the tile and tuck it in without using threshold which would visually separate the two areas. My...

Laminate tile transition to carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the bathroom laminate tiles and need to transition to the carpet. The transition is needs to be pliable as it is round. Is there a product that can make the transition but is bendable?

Transition Strip from Carpet to Tile [ 1 Answers ]

We have laid ceramic floor tiles next to carpet but the tiles are about 10mm higher and we would like to put a transition strip between them... does anyone know if it is possible to get these?

Tile to carpet transition - concrete floor. [ 3 Answers ]

I will be tiling in my basement, on a concrete floor. Would it be better to install backerboard under the tile to bring it up 1/4" or 1/2" to make the carpet/tile transition easier? Or should I lay tile on concrete floor and then transition it from that height? Any suggestions would be helpful. ...

Transition between tile & carpet [ 5 Answers ]

I'm laying tile in my bathroom where there used to be linoleum. The floor butts to carpeting and I've been told I should use a metal strip between the two surfaces. I bought the strip and have cut it to fit but my question is how do I adhere it down? It looks like I could screw it down or...

View more questions Search