Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CatMcCauley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 11:49 AM
    1996 CRX won't start-please help!
    Hi there!

I bought a 96 CRX 1.6Esi four days ago, went to start it today and nothing happened! It just made some clicking noises! I had a look at some of the questions people have asked in the past and I think it sounds quite similar! I did the three questions and the CEL light comes on and goes off after two seconds, I can hear a click when that happens and I think I hear the fuel pump too! My dad warned me not to get a CRX but I fell in love and now I'm gutted! I don't really know much about cars so il have to get my friend to look at it... any help you could give me would be amazing, oh, and is it going to be expensive? :(

Cheers!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Thanks for answering the three questions. Based on those answers, I don't think you have anything major wrong with your Civic. Sounds like a standard starter problem, which shouldn't be too expensive to fix.

1. Remove your battery and fully charge it. Clean battery terminals and connections.

2. If the car doesn't crank after reinstalling the battery, the problem is likely with your starter solenoid (relay) or starter motor. If you hear a click, click, click, then the problem is with the starter solenoid.

Let me know the results.

Nov 26, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Thank you! That a relief! Il let you know how I get on! Cheers!:)

Nov 28, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Hi again! Got the car sorted! It was the batery... needed a new one! Thanks for the advice! You're a star! (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Problems 1991 Honda CRX [ 2 Answers ]

1. Runs hot (almost overheats) in hot weather--only when the air conditioning is on. 2. Brake pedal very spongy/goes all the way to the floor, only in hot weather and car is warmed up (and even then not all the time). Otherwise the brakes work fine. Any ideas?

91 Honda CRX Ignition [ 2 Answers ]

The key was getting stuck in the ignition so we replaced the key cylinder. It did not help. We have noticed this only happens in the morning when it is cold outside. What could we do to prevent this?

Crx del sol won't start? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have got 1992 del sol,the problem is started two days ago when I took it to shopping went back to my car headlights side signal everything working but the engine wanted start.so I tried jump starting still nothing.so I left my car at the car park and went back to my car yesterday and tried...

91 honda 1.5 dx crx blows gas out intake [ 4 Answers ]

I have a crx with 172000 miles on it. Here's the background.I got the crx about a year ago and have maintained the car well ( full sythetic oil, premium gas, fuel injector cleaner, c/a intake, headers). The problem started after I was flushing my coolant, cleaning the throtle body, and degreasing...

1990 CRX no start, read the FAQ's... [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here we go…. 1990 CRX DX 1.5 Manual Trans, Canada Driving to work the other morning, came to a stop and my 1990 CRX quit. I tried to re-start but it would not fire. Rolls over just fine but not even a hint of starting. Got it back home and broke out the Honda manual.. Yes, I have the...

View more questions Search