Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josrodri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 10:39 AM
    Tub faucet
    My guest tub dose not get hot water. I have hot water at the sink.
    And the cold water at the tub has low pressure. Everything was working OK the other day.
    Checked the valve at the washing machine,which is right next to the guest bath. That seems to be OK. What could the problem be?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Sounds like some mineral buildup from the heater got sucked up into the inlet ports of the cartridge and are now blocking the flow of hot water. The solution is to shut the water off, open up the valve and check and clean the hot water inlet ports of the cartridge. Before you reassemble turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. I would also recommend flushing out your heater on a monthly basis.
    For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by flushing on a regular schedule. Let me show you how. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clear. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old tub with claw foot tub on a slab [ 6 Answers ]

I'm thinking of replacing an old tub (american standard recessed tub) with a new claw foot tub. The only part I think I may have trouble with is connecting the drain. I don't think the drain line in the floor will be where it needs to be for the new tub. I am on a slab and wonder how they set...

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

Washer tub [ 2 Answers ]

I recently put in a new sink for my washing machine and thought I hooked everything up all right but the grey pipe with the little small white thing on it going from my hot water tap to the hot water pipe is leaking as well is the cold am I missing something or am I supposed to glue them together....

Tub within a shower [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace a tub with a clawfoot tub. Want I want to do is create a "tub within a shower. " Build a tile shower stall(with correct waterproofing on the wall and waterproof shower pan) and place a clawfoot tub inside so I don't have to worry about a shower curtin staying inside the tub. My...

Tub and Shower Fauset [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We have our pipes outside, and hot water is lukewarm in our bath during winter. We have One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet, which probably has anti-scolding and doesn’t allow turning the handle all over to make water hotter. Our pipes supposedly insolated. In order to get two handle faucet,...

View more questions Search