Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendy0421 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 10:39 PM
    Salt and pepper shakers
    How many holes does the salt shaker have? How many hole for the pepper shaker?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 26, 2006, 01:10 AM
    Hi Wendy,
    It depends on the shakers. Sometimes they have the same amount of holes (about six maybe), and sometimes the salt shaker only has one. Typically, the salt shaker is the one with less holes, as you don't want to oversalt your food.
    Take care. :)
    Eagle Renter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy0421
    How many holes does the salt shaker have? How many hole for the pepper shaker?
    Very true response on the prior answer... I always thought that the difference was the size of the holes... the smaller ones being for the salt for the same reason, you don't want to over salt your food.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2007, 08:07 AM
    You need many holes on the pepper shaker as often it is more dusty, and doesn't come out as fast as the salt, which "pours" much more easily

Salt shaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This has some information, but I don't think there is a defined model for these :)

Edit: Grr random person ressurecting a dead thread!
    Newny Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 11:57 PM
    As a lover of pepper, it bothers me to have small holes and large pepper. I'll take the top off if I have to. However, just to be safe with the salt, I like to sprinke a tad in my hand to see how fast ir comes out. But I do believe the salt shaker has more holes, since I've just gone out to look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Which goes in the shaker with more holes - salt or pepper? [ 25 Answers ]

I had always thought this was a no-brainer until my girlfriend and I purchased a new set. The dark shaker, which I assumed was meant for pepper, had less holes than the lighter shaker, which I assumed was for the salt. I found this very odd! I pointed it out to a lifetime friend of mine that we...

Salt & pepper shakers [ 3 Answers ]

What can you do with a salt and pepper shaker where the holes are too big? Thanks.

Salt shakers: Why glass? [ 3 Answers ]

There is just that scratching-on-the-board feel when I screw the metal cap back onto the glass shaker. Also, it will break if I happen to drop it. What is behind the glass factor? Lets say, why not plastic? It's cheaper to make and doesn't break. Does it have to do with taste? I don't...

View more questions Search