Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanskip Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 03:21 PM
    Can you put in 15 amp outlets with 12 gauge wire on a 20 amp circuit
    Can you put in 15 amp outlets with 12 gauge wire on a 20 amp circuit these are just regular household outlets not used for dryers or refrigerator. Or should I replace with 20 amp outlets
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2010, 03:44 PM

Sure, that is more common, than 20 Amp recepticles on a 20 Amp Circuit. Go Figure.
    You can't put 20 Amp Recepticles on a 15 Amp breaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use 10/2 wire too run 8 20 amp outlets on one 20 circuit [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use 10/2 wire too run eight 20 amp outlets on one 20 amp circuit, the wire is larger than called for and my friend told me that you have too use 12/2 wire??

Can I use 14 gauge wire on a small part of a 20 amp circuit? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp circuit on which I would like to branch a light bulb. Does code allow me to use 14 gauge wire to the 60 watt light bulb or must I use 12 gauge? Thank you.

Can I mix outlets and lighting on one 20 amp circuit all with 12 g wire? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an open unfinished basement with a 20 amp circuit which supplies only a junktion box. It used to have a pull light on it. I have continued the 12 gage wire, which entered the junction box originating in the panel, from the junction box to two new floresent lights and ran further 12 gage...

How many outlets can you put on a 15 amp circuit? [ 3 Answers ]

How many outlets can you put on a 15 amp circuit? I am doing some wiring in a new garage I just built onto my house. The electrician I used never came back to finish the job and stop returning my calls. I am pretty sure I can finish it myself but I am having trouble. According to the plans all...

14 gauge wire switchleg for ceiling fan/light on 20 amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I am wiring a 20 amp circuit room. I have 12 gauge wire line in to the ceiling fan box. Can I run 14 gauge wire to the switch (switchleg) or do I have to run 12 gauge as well? Thanks!

View more questions Search