Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milto1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Can I use 10/2 wire too run 8 20 amp outlets on one 20 circuit
    Can I use 10/2 wire too run eight 20 amp outlets on one 20 amp circuit, the wire is larger than called for and my friend told me that you have too use 12/2 wire??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 02:00 PM

You can use heavier wire like #10 just not lighter wire like #14, you are good to go
    milto1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 02:05 PM

That is what I thought Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire size wire & circuit breaker do I need for a 15.8 range [ 2 Answers ]

What size circuit breaker & wire size do I need rfor a 15.8 raqnge ?

Need to run a wire from 50 amp circuit breaker to outside outlets [ 4 Answers ]

My band is performing outside. We have several pieces of equipment that need power. However, we are about 120 feet from the power source where there is a breaker box and 1 outlet. I've been told that this is a 50 amp circuit. I need several outlets to plug in all our gear. I need to know the...

Can I mix outlets and lighting on one 20 amp circuit all with 12 g wire? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an open unfinished basement with a 20 amp circuit which supplies only a junktion box. It used to have a pull light on it. I have continued the 12 gage wire, which entered the junction box originating in the panel, from the junction box to two new floresent lights and ran further 12 gage...

How many outlets can you put on a 15 amp circuit? [ 3 Answers ]

How many outlets can you put on a 15 amp circuit? I am doing some wiring in a new garage I just built onto my house. The electrician I used never came back to finish the job and stop returning my calls. I am pretty sure I can finish it myself but I am having trouble. According to the plans all...

Mixing outlets & lights on same circuit [ 3 Answers ]

Is their any reason that electric outlets and electric lights can not be on the same circuit?

View more questions Search