Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scode Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 03:07 PM
    What to do when your daughter hates you
    Recently I made a stupid mistake. I told my adult daughter that my ex-husband, her father, had not intended to leave in his will, equal amounts with her sister. Her sister told him that she didn't want anything if he didn't make it equal. This happened over ten years ago before my youngest daughter had bonded with him. I suspect that I was jealous even though I had hoped that they would eventually bond. Now my daughter isn't speaking to me and when I asked for her forgiveness she looked at me as though she hated me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 03:31 PM

Your daughter hasn't spoken to you for ten years?

I think the best you can do is apologize in person, sincerely, but if that fails, write her a letter and say what you've said here - "I was jealous" and maybe add that you were trying to cause a problem in her relationship with your "ex," that you were jealous - whatever.

And that's about all you can do.
    helpplease515 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 03:35 PM

10 years is way to long, and pretty tough. I agree with the comment before me. Talking face to face is the best suggestion. Show her how you really feel, no lying no holding back. She is still your daughter and has love for you.. . People just make mistakes sometimes
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 03:41 AM

Perhaps write to her.

Outlining how you felt and why,with a letter she can read it over and over again,and maybe soften towards you.
    SheilaM14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 08:10 AM

What do you do when you have talked face to face? I asked forgiveness, answer was no.. Emotionally devistated..
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SheilaM14 View Post
    What do you do when you have talked face to face?? I asked forgiveness, answer was no.. emotionally devistated..

I have no idea what your situation is or was. Apparently something happened for which you have asked to be forgiven. The other party chooses not to forgive you.

There is little you can do at this point.

Without knowing more about what happened it is impossible to say what course you should take. Sometimes you just have to walk away and let things be as they are for a period and when some time has gone by, some healing has happened, try again.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 02:48 PM

You told her the truth about a decision that was not yours.
    Why do you need to be forgiven for that?

If children get an inheritance , at all that is good, But why should they expect anything?
    That is the parents money and entirely up to them what happens to it.

I would say to her that is was not your decision , and it is unfair to be angry at you.
    But it sounds like she is not ready to be reasonable , in which case you can do little. I'm sorry.

I wish you well.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    You told her the truth about a decision that was not yours.
    Why do you need to be forgiven for that?

If children get an inheritance , at all that is good, But why should they expect anything?
    That is the parents money and entirely up to them what happens to it.

I would say to her that is was not your decision , and it is unfair to be angry at you.
    But it sounds like she is not ready to be reasonable , in which case you can do little. I'm sorry.

I wish you well.

You answered someone who piggy backed. That person did not say what the problem is.

The original OP posted about inheritance and parents' money and so forth but the person I answered did not post that problem.

I have asked that the piggyback be split off but I don't think anyone has been here to do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Daughter hates me! [ 16 Answers ]

I have been living with my Mom since the birth of my daughter (who's now 20 months). Her Dad left for a job abroad when she was only 6 months old. She has become very attached to my Mom (her granny), and doesn't want to leave her even for a sec. Moreover we have a whole army of servants and...

My daughter hates me [ 4 Answers ]

My name is lenzy nice to be here hope someone can help me! I have a 15 year old daughter who hates me to the point she doesn't talk to me she stays in her room most of the time. She doesn't even want me living at home,she wants me to leave! What do I do?

My daughter hates me [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 years old & recently started talking down to me. She has worst attitude to only me & her little sister is doing it now too. When they talk to anybody else they are as nice as pie, but when it comes to their mother, they hate me. Why the sudden change in attitudes?

My daughter hates me because I smoke [ 7 Answers ]

My nineteen year old daughter told me she "pretty much hates me" because I smoke. Also, I tried to commit suicide 4 years ago, and she told me she hasn't trusted me since then. How can I make things better between us?

Why my daughter hates me? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter always tells me that she hates me when she gets mad.

View more questions Search