Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1bundy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 10:29 AM
    What is the regulation for minimum salary based on the position/duties?
    My job pays me a salary that is around 13% lower than the average for my position in the area I live. I took the position because of an agreement the GM made with me when I started. But he was fired not long after that and when he left so did the chances of the company honoring the agreement. Now I am stuck with an income I can't really live with.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 10:44 AM

So who have you talked to about a raise? Was the agreement in writing, sometimes a verbal agreement is binding too. More details please
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 11:35 AM

As long as the agreement was in writing, an agreement not in writing has little value.

So find another job that is paying more?
    1bundy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 01:19 PM

I am looking for another job. That is not a problem. But I like this job only feel I have been taken advantage of. My question is about the law. Is there a law that, based on position and education, sets a minimum salary requirement?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary minimum wage [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal for a company to pay me less then minimum wage based on 45 hours a week worked? Right now I'm making under $400/week at $19,000 a year. The minimum wage in Oregon is $8.40/hour. On salary I'm making 8.11 hour. Is this legal? What about getting overtime?

H-1B minimum salary based on proposed I-129 or certified LCA? [ 2 Answers ]

For many cases, the employers specify different wages in the proposed I-129 application and the certified LCA. (The proposed I-129 has a higher wage/rate) In such cases: what salary does the employer have to pay at a minimum to his H-1B employee: 1. Rate of Pay specified in the certified LCA...

Law on minimum salary [ 1 Answers ]

When did it go into effect at 455 a week

View more questions Search