Ask
    startreken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Law on minimum salary
    When did it go into effect at 455 a week
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Federal law went into effect I believe 2004. Most states had to go back and change their state laws after that. Since in many cases it was a lot more than some state salary laws.

This normally effects overtime laws. This came off a states web site that showed it was required to change its laws in 2004 when the federal laws changed, so not sure when it took effect but it appears sometime during 2004.

Many companies do not realise that to be on salary there is a required amount, often the state law is higher than the federal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

Minimum withdrawal at 70.5 [ 3 Answers ]

I am 64 and retired (as is my wife) and living on our social security plus some support from investments. We have not taken anything out of my 401K yet and wondering weather we should to avoid being in a higher tax bracket if we wait until 70.5 when the minimum has to be taken out. Is the minimum...

Minimum wage [ 1 Answers ]

The law says that certain seasonal employees are not covered by minimum wage but no onle lists what seasonal employment means. I work part-time(less than 40hrs/wk for a golf course as a ranger/cart attendant, are they required to pay me minimum wage since I am generally only employed March through...

View more questions Search