Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STG Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jan 31, 2010, 08:21 AM
    Heat pump; fan not blowing and condensation around outside unit
    It hasn't been that cold down here in San Antonio, but it's pretty chilly right now. We have a Trane XE 1000 HVAC unit. For what it's worth, it's 32 degrees outside right now and cloudy. The unit is cycling on and off with the "aux heat" indicated on the inside thermostat. When it's in "aux heat" mode, the unit's outside fan is not blowing. Further, there's a good deal of condensation on the ground around the outside unit.

Is this normal?
    STG Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jan 31, 2010, 08:29 AM

Upon further review, the blower is now working. Moderators, I don't know how to delete this question... but I would if I were able.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump works but fan will not stop blowing [ 3 Answers ]

My heat pump works fine in both the first and second stages, but when the temp in my home reaches the temp set on thermostat the heat stops but the fan never does. It just starts blowing colder air until I set the temp down further or just turn off the heat. I don't mean blow for a few minutes but...

Trane heat pump fan not blowing [ 0 Answers ]

Trane heat pump condenser fan not turning on, but the unit upstairs blowing air? I cut the thermostat off, the consider fan cut off and the main unit upstairs continued to run? I cut the power from the circuit breaker next to the upstairs unit, and it would start up but the condenser fan would not?

Heat pump heating but no fan blowing warm air on Goodman. [ 4 Answers ]

Heat pump is heating and everything seems to be good except the blower fan is not kicking on in attic to circulate warm air. I replaced the sequencer and the capacitor for the blower. Any ideas, this is on a Goodman. Thanks!

RUUD Heat Pump Outside Unit Fan not coming on [ 1 Answers ]

I just closed on my house - made one payment and the outside heat pump is not working!! About 3-4 weeks ago the fan on the outdside unit just sounded a little rough, almost a slight grind/knocking noise- although nothing major or too out of the ordinary for a fan motor ,just a little bit...

View more questions Search