Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenart8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 12:34 AM
    House smells
    Our house has smelled really bad for over a week now, like rotting brocolli. But sometimes it smells more like gas. (Our rambler 1960 home has electric power and gas heat.) We can't pinpoint the source of the smell either: we smell it when we first walk into our home, as well as our dining room, our laundry room, and one bathroom off the laundry room... all in different parts of the house. We thought at first it was a gas leak, so we turned the pilot light off in our gas fireplace in the dining room. The second gas fireplace is in the front living room where the front door is, but it doesn't work. The laundry room & bathroom are next to the furnace. But when I put my head near the fireplace it doesn't smell. I check the heater vents, and only one of them smell like gas, the others are fine. I am baffled. Should we call the gas company? Only sometimes it smells like gas, most of the time it smells like rotting brocoli.

Check out some similar questions!

House smells like something rotting [ 5 Answers ]

We are having a bad smell coming from somewhere in our house. We can not pinpoint where but it goes away for a couple of days and then returns. It smells like rotting food and not an animal in the wall or anything. I have tried flushing the pipes with hot water but it has not changed anything. Can...

House smells like urine [ 1 Answers ]

I notice a urine smell in the back side of the house the hall way, bathroom and back room. I am not sure what it is comign from?

House smells like something is overheating [ 2 Answers ]

Every time our furnace turns on, it fills the house with an odor of something overheating. My husband checked the flame and says that it looks normal -- blue. He also changed the filter, which was very dirty. What could be causing this, and what remedies should we try?

House smells! [ 4 Answers ]

We live in a 3 level leased townhome. For the past five days it has smelled like methane gas (sulfide) sewer-gas. It's pretty strong- so much that we have to keep the windows open or we get headaches and my eyes get read and tear up. The sump pump (and washer dryer) is located in the basement....

How do you keep pet smells out of the house? [ 1 Answers ]

I need some advice about which kitty litter is best to use. And how to get pet stains out of the carpet and how to keep the smells out of the house. I would also like to know, how often should you bath a ferret? I've heard some people say every week, some say every month and some say every other...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.