Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawg925 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 01:07 PM
    12.5 briggs
    I have a 11hp rear engine snapper. The motor shut down on me so I took it off and replaced with a 12.5hp. The only 2 wires the 11hp had was a starter wire and another that went inside the lid. This 12.5hp has those 2 wires plus 2 more that are both coming out of the side together in the same connector. Both are male ends that female ends connect to. Does anyone know what these wires are for?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 05:16 PM
    11 sounds like its pretty old? Then that wire was probably the wire from the alternator, to the battery to charge it (runs lights, etc).
    12.5 sounds like it has a power wire (for battery) with diode (should be a single wire?) and 2 wires for lights...
    This should help you. http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/.../allwiring.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 HP Briggs [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a Craftsman lawn mower with a 18.5 Briggs single cylinder that will not crank over. Have replaced the starter with a new one and it still does not crank over. Someone suggested checking the values and the valves were a little off so we fixed them. Sometimes it will...

10 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what the intake and exhaust valve setting for a briggs and stratton generator. Thank you :(

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

12.5 Briggs won't run [ 5 Answers ]

I posted a question earlier about a Murray mower wiring problem. Thanks for the info. I found the coil was dead and traced all the wiring. Now I am getting fire and gas, but it will not run - or even sputter. The key isn't sheared, and as far as I can tell the bottom end hasn't been opened, but it...

Briggs 16.5 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B/S 16.5 OHV Twin (Commercial model). Generally speaking it starts as soon as I hit the key. Today when shutting it down it backfired twice (two different occasions) but started normally. When I went to start it to put it in the shed no luck. Doesn't sputter or backfire. Changed the...

View more questions Search