Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lamalolo Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 08:23 AM
    How to waterproof around a window within a shower
    We are planning the renovation of our second bathroom. There is a rather large window in the area of the tub/shower that will most certainly get wet when we shower. How do we need to treat the frame and rest of the surroundings of the window to make sure it is water proof?
    (by the way, we bought the window last year when we started the renovation... and it's the type that will stop you from falling through if you slip, and the privacy glass too... )

We had a similar situation in the first bathroom, and we put the window all the way in, wrapped its surroundings with a waterproof membrane, and then with plastic kind of framing, and then tiled all around. Something to that extent, sorry the description is probably not that clear...

What would you do?

Thank you so much!

Lamalolo
    scri8e Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2010, 03:03 PM

You can purchase window kits for tub/shower surround windows.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

AmeriWall Bathroom Shower Wall Surround: 2 Wall Shower Kits, 3 Wall Shower Kit Bathroom Window Kit Enclosures

Pricey though:

Swanstone 8 In. x 36 In. x 30 In. Window Trim Kit - WTK-1 at The Home Depot

Or you can do it as you mentioned in your post above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WaterPROOF shower walls. [ 8 Answers ]

I have demolished and prepared the floor under my shower and bathtub. In short I am looking for the BEST method and materials for vapor barrier and WATERPROOF wallboard to install undeneath the tile finish. I am using a premium shower pan with a lip around three sides to accommodate the sidewall...

I need a waterproof paint for a cedar shower. [ 1 Answers ]

I have two cedar-paneled showers in my summer cottage that look pretty awful. Since the wood is not rotten (just unsightly), I'm hoping to paint over the wood with some kind of waterproof paint. Obviously I need something that can withstand frequent exposure to water, and that can be cleaned with...

Building a shower stall base with waterproof membrane [ 1 Answers ]

I plan on ripping out the old tub in a mobile home, and installing a walk in shower. What is the correct sequence of steps required to build up the base, slope the thinset or cement, and install the membrane. Is there a video available. I plan on ceramic tiling the stall once it is ready.

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Glass Block Window in shower [ 6 Answers ]

During a remodel of our bathroom, the workers broke the cement from around our glass block window in out shower. They told me to just fill it with thinset mortar when I tile but I am not sure about that. Is that correct information or should a use another product to fill in the holes. The current...

View more questions Search