Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loovefool Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2009, 02:29 AM
    Sudden breakup of LTR, he's not in love.my world collapsed!
    I've been with him for 2 years. We told each other we love each other and that we found everything we need and want in one another. I thought we had something really special. Like true romantic love with sincere deep feelings and everything.
    Of course we had some arguments, like every copule does, nothing is ideal. But I've never doubted his feelings for me. OK like every other girl I too needed some reassureance now and then. And well, he did too.

Since the last week or two he's been acting strange and not affectionate. He was very critical, cold and was annoyed by me. Everything I did was wrong in his eyes. So last night I asked was he out of love. And he said yes. I cried whole night because I wanted everything with him. He didn't even hug me or anything, he just wanted to sleep. He said there's no other girl in his life and I choose to trust him.

We supposed to visit my family during holidays and now he's left me out of blue. This really feels like a nightmare.
    Can someone please, maybe a guy, tell me what could be going on in his mind? Are there any chances he'll fell in love with me again?

I / we broke up because I don't want to be in a fake and forced relationship. He didn't know what to do, so I suggested giving him some time and space, like a month, but he seemed indiferent to all my tryings.

Please help! I can't believe this is happening. Not to us. Just to add, I'm 24, he's 28. You can ask me anything. Thanks.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 02:43 AM
    His feelings changed probably over quite some time and however sad and heartbreaking this is you need to start your healing process from the breakup. Don't wait around for him to change his mind-get active,see friends and family and do things for you. You will get over this-we all do.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 07:28 AM

Actions speak louder than words.

If he just got up and left, it means he's giving up on the relationship.

There's always a chance that he can come crying back, but how is that going to make you feel secure? Who knows when he's going to jump ship again.

I'm sorry that he left, but you seem extremely dependent on him and maybe it's time for you to regain your independence and self-esteem.

Dec 15, 2009, 07:38 AM

Thanks everyone. I'll work on myself. He said I could count on him if I need anything, he'll be there and so on. He's just texted me I could come and sleep at his place if I don't feel well.
    Of course, I don't want no one's pitty. So no, thanks.
    I just want to know why is he saying this? It's not love, it's gulit and politeness right?

I definitely want NC, but he wishes to stay friends. Why so?
    I'm so confused where does he stand with me?
    Family & People Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Sounds like he just wants a booty call.

When you want to heal from the break up, then use NC to help you recover. NC is a healing mechanism. It's not used to win him back, which seems like your case.

Where does he stand? Seeing that he's already ran away, his actions tell us that he's given up on working on the relationship.
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:46 AM

Trust your instincts and start proper NC-and try not to question his actions anylonger.

Dec 15, 2009, 07:51 AM

I don't think it's about booty call. There was no sex last two weeks, except two times when I had enough, and I took the whole initiative. He said he didn't want sex, that's why it was bad anyway, but I wanted it, so he of course couldn't say no.
    Look, we can't have sex at his place anyway, it's not about that.
    Well aren't his actions confusing? He's left, yes, but now texts me to come if I want. What is this?
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Dec 15, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loovefool View Post
    i don't think it's about booty call. there was no sex last two weeks, except two times when i had enough, and i took the whole initiative. he said he didn't want sex, that's why it was bad anyway, but i wanted it, so he of course couldn't say no.
    look, we can't have sex at his place anyway, it's not about that.
    well aren't his actions confusing? he's left, yes, but now texts me to come if i want. what is this?
    HELLO!! Yes, it's called a BOOTY CALL. He's dumped you, has no strings attached, i.e. no emotional baggage. Go on over to his place... bet you'll be bumping uglies before you know it. You'll be all like, "Oh he loves me!", and he'll be all like, "Wonder when she's going home now?". Sorry... I know you don't want to hear that but, well... you asked.

I know this hurts but you really need to just walk away from this. Give him all the time and space he wants/needs. Don't be a friend, don't be a booty call, no pitty calls/texts, no begging, no pleading, no bargaining. Rock his world and walk away with some dignity.

Now... he may come crawling back, however; odds are he will not. He'll more than likely try to keep you strong along while he's looking for his 'next'. Be straight up as to your expectations with him, e.g. we work the problems out or it over. If he flip-flops around say goodbye, no half-promises, it's all or none. He'll attempt to bargain with you, e.g. "Let's be friends and see where it goes.", putting you back into 'Booty Call' status. Yes... it's hard. He will respect you though.

Dec 15, 2009, 08:35 AM

OK if you think so. But if so, he's telling me lies because he's saying it's NOT about sex nor booty call!

Well, I want to know his reasons, and yes I am questioning his actions. I deserve some answers after 2 years! And he's just left. Gone.
    I'm going NC, I don't need this. I just don't get how could he turned out this way? I trusted and loved him.

Should I just say to him not to contact me or just ignore him? We've already broken up couple of times, and he didn't stop contacting me after. I've never initiated it. He says he's not playing games, but his actions says other.
    Family & People Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Again: Actions speak louder than words

You don't need to tell him that you're ignoring him. Just do it.

You're right, you don't deserve this, so don't keep falling for his mind games. Focus on yourself. Focus on healing from the break up.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 09:14 AM

Of course you can come over, and sleep over, if you want. Sure its not about the sex. PUH_LEEEESE.

Stop the wondering, and games, and examine the facts you have before you.

He ended this thing with no discussion, no talking, and didn't care how you felt. That's a fact, and add into this, he was showing signs all along that something had changed and all you did was cry about it. So you ignored the early warning.

Now you want to talk because you have questions? Good luck with getting answers that may not be the truth.

I am willing to bet most couples have a change in heart, after one, or two years, when the dust of newness, and intense feelings settle down. That's normal actually because no one is putting his best happiest foot forward, or going out of the way to please and impress a partner.

That's also when a couple finds out how they work together, and solve their issues together. That's when the honest communications come in, and how well you listen to each other.

Guess what, somebody wasn't communicating honestly, and someone wasn't listening, or paying attention. That's why its over, and holding on now, behind the excuse of getting answers, and closure, and all that mushy stuff, is not the way to go.

Cutting all contact and ignoring him is called NO CONTACT, is the way to get over your SHOCK, fear, and false hope and confusion.

Time to do your thing that makes you happy without him, and your perspective toward him will change for the better, and you will see the reality of this whole emotional mess, and make better choices for yourself, based on facts, and not intense deep feelings, or confusion.

WARNING

Probably the hardest thing you will ever do, but potentially the best thing you could ever do for yourself.

Dec 15, 2009, 09:35 AM

THANK YOU talaniman!! Great post!
    Just one tricky thing is that he has many of his stuf at my place because we've been sort of "living together". (meaning, most of the time, but not actually living together, if you understand).
    So how to tell him to take it all away? Must I contact him? I've already packed everything, I can't look at it anymore. So I guess we must see each other at least one more time. When and how should we do it?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 09:40 AM
    So sorry to hear about your breakup, bu you have to go NC. The no contact rule exists to speed up the healing process. If you drag it out and keep trying to be friends, it will only delay you from finding happiness in the future. It's important to let yourself take the time to mourn the end of the relationship but keep the no contact rule in place. It will be hard at first but the longer you go, the easier it gets.

It's hard, but you have to accept that it's over and not blame anybody, even yourself, for the break-up. The relationship is over, and no amount of blame or finger pointing will make you feel any better.

Don't let this scar you for life. Move on. Start loving yourself again. Go out with friends, or spend more time with your family. Life will get better, you'll see.

----------------------------------------------------

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. - Helen Keller
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 09:56 AM

Simple, "Hey I got your stuff and you have a week to get it or it goes in the trash".

Or leave it on his porch.

Or get someone to take it to him for you

Or go with a friend.

You have options, pick one, get this over with, move beyond it through healing and doing your own thing without him.

Dec 15, 2009, 10:14 AM

Thanks again talaniman. I choose first option. I think it's the easiest one since it's just too many stuf, lol. I'll tell him that today.
    I'm moving on. Thanks everyone.
    notsogreat Posts: 49, Reputation: 24

Dec 15, 2009, 11:17 AM

Just be thankful that you only wasted two years with someone, I wasted ten. The signs were there for me also, he started pulling back and creating arguments, and then left. It feels sudden and shocking to us, but to the dumpers they have been planning this for a while I am sure. My ex also tried to tell me if I needed him to be there, he would be there for me, if I wanted to sleep over, and he kept reassuring me that he was not interested in just sex, but lo and behold, that is all he wanted. I finally woke up and realized that I wasted enough time with someone who did not want me anymore, and our ex's did us a favor by letting us go. Now we have a chance to find the right one for us, because we would have been settling otherwise. Good luck!
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Dec 15, 2009, 11:58 AM

People break up, there's all sorts of reasons. Yes, it sucks, it's painful, and it's a kick straight to the pride. It's all to easy to blame and point fingures when you're hurt... they did this or that, blah, blah, blah. Ultimately realize you stuck there through it, day in and day out. You were in control of this, you allowed it.

So now what? The relationship is over but was it really wasted time? You have both good and bad memories. And, ideally, you'll have learned a lesson or two about yourself and some other things. Maybe you won't make the same mistakes again. Maybe you'll identify a person's traits that you're not compatible with. Maybe your 'relationship' boundaries are just a little more refined. Maybe your one step closer to that 'right fit' you're thinking of. When you let go, truly let go, you'll understand what I'm talking about. Look past the pain and wounded pride.

It's really only wasted time if you allow it to be.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 10:32 PM

It's sad, and difficult, but, but it seems to me by his actions, that he has been ready a long time to call it quits.

For some, like him maybe, it is easier to offer assistance if you need it, and help or what have you, to feel a little less guilty, and to try to ease the end of the relationship in a less painful way.

I don't think it is mixed messages so much as it is him wanting to end things on respectful terms without arguing, accusations, and all that nasty stuff that sometimes comes with a breakup.

I too, would politely decline any invites, or help with anything, and minimize as much as you can, contact with him.

I realize you still love him, but from your own words, the relationship seems over.

Keep posting. You will get great support and advice here.

Dec 16, 2009, 02:09 AM

Thanks everyone, you're really helping me through this.
    I have to add some details which I didn't write in my first post because it all happened a day before, and I was way too emotional and bursting in tears every now and then. Damn.

As I said, when I asked him if he wasn't in love, he said I knew how to ask the right questions. He would otherwise be quiet about it and wait until the feeling comes back to him. He said that the certain circumstances killed that feeling in him, including our last arguments. I asked him if he didn't want to be with me anymore. He said he couldn't say that. And asked me what did I want to do. I said he couldn't say he wasn't in love with me, while expecting me to stay with him. So when he was leaving he asked again what we're going to do. I said I didn't know, and he left.
    Later you know, he texted me, and that was it.

I didn't contact him yet to take his things away, because I still have some hope from this. Or should I no matter this, just let him go and breakup (did it happen aleready?) and move on.

Sorry for omitting this, if it is important, I was a total mess.
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 02:20 AM
    I think you stay strong and realise its over. And get rid of his stuff. As hard as it is for you at the moment,this will pass.
    Don't get stuck in false hope and the 'what ifs'.
    Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog forgets his tricks? [ 15 Answers ]

I taught my dog to roll over a few weeks ago, started with rolling him over and teling him roll over. In about a week he had the trick down to a t. I made sure to ask him to do the trick a few times a day so he wouldn't forget, than one afternoon I asked him to roll over so he layed down and went...

What to do when your husband forgets where home is? [ 4 Answers ]

Wow Today This Is Hard For Me, Im Going To Put My Life On The Computer For Everyone To Know, Well Ive Been With My Husband For 9 Years We've Been Married For Only 3, No Kids, And We Have Been Through Just About Everything That A Marriage Can Go Through In One Lifetime. Just To Start With My...

What are your plans [ 26 Answers ]

She: what are your plans for this evening? Him: I plan to go to the store and pu one item. She: OK, I will talk to you later. Him: OK, talk to you later. Later... She: did you go to the store? Him: nope She: oh if I would have know that I would have invited you over for dinner. Him: why...

We had plans but not now [ 17 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have plans once a week every week. Or, go out together you know alone time. So, my girlfriend calls me. Said her girlfriend has two tickets to concert tonight on our date night. My girlfriend is invited and she wants to go so she tells me she is going and if I'm OK with that....

View more questions Search