Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4268rp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Slow sink in upstairs bathroom
    Water is slow going down put in Mr. Plumber liquid several times and soesn't seem to help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2006, 09:12 AM
    The first thing you should do is pull the stopper and shine a light down the drain. You will see a small rod down there. Hair can catch and build up on this rod and impede the flow. Take and hook any hair that may be down there. If the drain's clear then there's a partial blockage in the lateral,(horizontal ) drain in the wall and it must be snaked out.
    Remove the "J" bend from the trap and send a snake up into the wall. You will run into a bend about 8 inches in. Work your way around it and put out about six more feet of snake. Afterward flush the drain with hot water.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Upstairs bathroom sink slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, again I am at my end with this sink... but still can't afford a plumber! It is the only drain in the house that has this problem. I just tried using my hose and a small nozzel to put high pressure water through the drain in an attempt to unclog it... well here is the funny thing......

Kitchen sink overflowing from upstairs water [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a two story house and my downstairs kitchen sink is overflowing every time we use the upstairs toliets, shower or washing machine. It does not overflow if we use the downstairs bathroom or dishwasher. We called a plumber to get an estimate and they said something is clogged in the drain...

Slow drain upstairs [ 3 Answers ]

Both my tub and sink drain very slowly upstairs. They each have their own pipe that runs to the vertical drop. I'm wondering if maybe they are not vented properly, or something else. The pipe running to the verical drop is galvanized pipe. The sink is about 1 ft from the veritcal drop, and the...

Sewage Smell from upstairs sink [ 2 Answers ]

I may be handy, but it takes me 5 times longer to do anything. (Husband travels extensively, so taking 5x longer is better than it not getting done at all!) I notice a very strong sewage odor coming from my upstairs bathroom sink. (Not something you want to encounter when brushing your teeth...

View more questions Search