Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjnkc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2005, 10:22 AM
    Slow drain upstairs
    Both my tub and sink drain very slowly upstairs. They each have their own pipe that runs to the vertical drop. I'm wondering if maybe they are not vented properly, or something else. The pipe running to the verical drop is galvanized pipe. The sink is about 1 ft from the veritcal drop, and the tub is about 3-4 feet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 7, 2005, 11:46 AM
    "both my tub and sink drain very slowly upstairs."
    Do you hear a gurgle when you drain anything? You may have to have the lavatory vent snaked out to be sure it's not the vent. If that's not it then both the lav and the tub drain needs to be snaked out. Good luck, Tom
    cjnkc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2005, 12:55 PM
    "Do you hear a gurgle when you drain anything?"

I don't hear any gurgling. If just a little water is running, its fine, but as soon as the water covers the hole, it starts backing up, and you get a foot bath with your shower... similarly with the sink.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 7, 2005, 01:10 PM
    Snake the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to get to the base of the vent and about 15 feet more. If that don't get it then snake out each branch by itself. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow drain? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello my name is kristin and my bathtub is draining extremely slow. I have tried the lliquid products and they are not working I have also tried using a plunger and that does apsolutely nothing. I have a feeling that it could be plugged because it does not have a hair catch. Any suggestions?

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Upstairs bathroom sink slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, again I am at my end with this sink... but still can't afford a plumber! It is the only drain in the house that has this problem. I just tried using my hose and a small nozzel to put high pressure water through the drain in an attempt to unclog it... well here is the funny thing......

Slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

:( New sink just installed in the bathroom but it drains very very sluggishly. The installer snaked out the elbow once, and he advised using liquid plumber. (Another plumber once told me never to use Draino anywhere.) Any ideas? I suspect that the clog is from powdery tile grout that somehow...

Leak from upstairs shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

My house is about 2 years old and the original owner had an extra upstairs bathroom installled by a plumber rather than the builder. The shower is used infrequently and I noticed a leak on the first floor ceiling today. Should I expect the plumber to honor the work after a 1 1/2 years and prior...

View more questions Search