Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k8ty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 06:06 AM
    HVAC smell of natural gas fume problems
    My Gas HVAC is not coming on by itself. When I turn up the thermostat is comes on for about 5-10 minutes then shuts off before reaching the set temperature. It won't come back on until I flip the breaker switch. I also have smelled gas fumes at times coming thruough my heating ducts. What do you think the problem is?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 06:17 AM
    If you are smelling gas,, I think you need to call someone,, very dangerous
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 06:36 AM

Yep, possible carbon monoxide fumes. Possible cracked heat exchanger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint natural gas smell [ 13 Answers ]

I have natural gas heat (nothing else, just heat). Every now and then I'll smell the faint oder of natural gas for just a few seconds, then it's gone. I only smell it when I'm sitting at my desk which happens to be above the furnace under the house. There is a loose baseboard with a slight draft...

Natural gas smell [ 2 Answers ]

We have had a goodman direct vent furnace and a Rinnai tankless waterheater installed and sometimes we have the smell of gas in the basement. It seems to happen when there is a breeze outside. Is this normal.

Old GE Natural Gas Furnace -- Problems Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

The furnace was in the house when I bought it 15 yrs ago. I think the model number is BLU086F9. (I'm going off the service order from last week, but the repairman's handwriting is horrible.) It's stopped working on me 3 times in the last 2 weeks. The pilot flame comes on and I would hear "tick...

New duel system heat pump fume smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchase a new lennox xp13 duel system heat pump to go with a lennox oil furnace which has a new heat exchanger. Now the heat pump system seems to work OK on it's own, but went it switches over to the oil furnace the fan continues to run and when the heat comes out of the vents there...

Gas furnace and fume emission [ 1 Answers ]

My wife was awakened at night by a really loud sound coming from our furnace (Trane XE 78). We have a light switch that turns off our furnace. She hit the switch and turned it off. Is there any danger of gas, carbon monoxide, or any other fumes coming out when the furnace is off? I have a couple...

View more questions Search