Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susan389 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 06:55 AM
    New duel system heat pump fume smell
    I have just purchase a new lennox xp13 duel system heat pump to go with a lennox oil furnace which has a new heat exchanger. Now the heat pump system seems to work OK on it's own, but went it switches over to the oil furnace the fan continues to run and when the heat comes out of the vents there is a terrible fume smell, the dealer who installed it cannot find anything wrong, but still the smell is there and getting stronger, to the point I have to open a window, do you have any idea what could be causing this ?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 07:18 AM

Sounds like the newly installed heat exchanger needs another look at. Something not tight/leak somewhere possibly.you need to get that guy back out there.He should stand behind his work,at his expense.I can understand a little smell at first start up(the very 1st time )but it should go away pretty quick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Choosing the Right Heat Pump System [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been getting quotes for a split A/C system. My home is 2200 sq ft and I've received a quote for a 4 ton, 13 Seer, Payne heat pump for $4357. Goodman 4 ton, 13 seer, $4800. Amana (same specs) $6500, Trane $6740. What is the best system for the money? I don't need "bells and whistle"...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

What heat pump system is best for my situation? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in the process of making a decision on what heating system to use for better efficiency in my home. My current setup is approximately 8 years old and consists of the following: -oil boiler -american standard 4 ton single speed air handler -american standard 4 ton a/c unit My home was...

Heat pump grease smell [ 1 Answers ]

We have a ground source heat pump which heats and cools our house. We notice a very distinct smell of "grease" when the air conditioner runs. It cools so we have been assured that the problem is not in the condenser. We do not notice this smell when it is in the heating mode. Any ideas?. JudyNTom...

Lennox Heat Pump System [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Lennox Heat Pump & Furnace. It is 7 years old and I have have 2 recent repairs on the system. This past August, the heat/cool valve was replaced because it was leaking freon. In November the control board in the furnace was replaced because the blower wouldn't come on to supply heat. Now,...

View more questions Search