Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barr4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 08:36 PM
    Goodman furnace
    Have a Goodman Furnace that continues to fail to start up. After some diagnosis on my part I find the incoming vent PVC pipe is clogged with frost. I believe the incoming air is drawing in moisture from the hot air exiting the furnace and then building up frost just inside the pipe opening. I can snake the line and clear the frost and system works fine.

My intake and exhaust pipes are side by side where they exit the house. How far apart should the two pipes be from each other?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 01:24 AM
    The furnace should have been installed exactly as the manufacturer stated in there instruction manual that comes with every furnace from the factory. Exhaust and intake lines are specifically addressed for different units and different manufactures.

Frost can be a problem if the pipes are located close together since the exhaust is discharging moisture laden vapors that can be drawn into the intake. Follow the manufactures install instructions to the letter and it should work with no moisture problems. NOTE if your clothes dryer is also close that can also cause a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Goodman furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Heat exchanger will not stay light.

Goodman furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought it and installed furnace yesterday It lites and runs about 1 min,than the flame goes out and the plenum only gets luke warm. It blows cool air Thanks.

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace worked fine last season, Air Conditioning worked great over the summer. This year I turned the switch to heat and the blower ran for about two minutes but then shut down? I went and looked at the furnace and I shut it off and turned it on again. The blower starts but the igniter does lit...

Goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace about 8 years old model number is gmp100-3. the problem i'am having is it wants to keep running and starts up while blower is going in the winter during running tries to ignite while still running.could you give me some idea what this problem could be.thank you:confused:

View more questions Search