Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keybizsol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 08:17 AM
    Disk capacity not detected
    I have a WD Passport HD (usb connection) that is not recognized when I plug it in. If I click on the eject it is listed but with no drive letter. I tried using data recovery software on it and it shows up but it shows the capacity at 2199GB when it should be 80GB. Since the software cannot detect the correct size it cannot recover the data.

I was thinking of just formating the drive and then using recovery software that specializes in recovering after a format. That is my last resort and once I do it I know I may have lost the data forever.

It is not critical data - it is my daughter's.. . Mostly pictures and music but it would be nice to have it.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2010, 10:37 AM

Have you tried to connect to another PC to see if anything different?

Is it being shown in windows explorer?

If you right click on the drive in explorer and go to properties, what is listed there are used, free, or capacity and file system being used?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Printer not detected [ 1 Answers ]

Everyday I start my PC all my drivers of printers are gone insatalled a day before working fine , Vista Tiny Operating System Printers - HP

Missing hard disk capacity [ 2 Answers ]

I have this brontok virus that infested my HP desktop and when I rebooted my system the 80GB hard drive is now 6GB.How can I return my hard drive to 80GB?

View more questions Search