Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fleety Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 09:23 AM
    What form do I need to put a charge on a property?(Im divorced but deed in ex's name)
    I am divorced and want to protect myself should the current amicable relationship change. I invested £60,000 as a deposit on our family house which is now rented to tenants. The property is in my ex-wife's name, although the solicitor did draw something up confirming that I was involved to the property - I can't remember what form we signed. How do I find out & do I need to lodge another form to stop any transaction from happening without my knowledge?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2009, 12:13 AM

YES, you need to lodge an ESTOPPEL
    Notice to the REGISTRAR of Properties.
    You should get the DEED noted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put a lien on ex's home -child support violation [ 10 Answers ]

We have been to court numerous times regarding child support payments. He told the court for each of the 3 appearances ago that he had the children on a life insurance policy as mandated by the court. He has failed to show proof of that. I know he does not have it. Can I put a lien on his home...

Are you able to stay in the military if you get a charge and is put on probation? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a private in the us army and I am active duty, I currently caught a charge of possion and is wondering if it is within regulations that the army can chapter me out. For my charge the courts are offering me probation and one of my sgts states that I can not be in the military on probation. Is...

Can lender put a lien on a property if I am not on the deed? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a property (house) that I am on the mortgage but not on the deed. I have 2 other investment properties that might go into foreclosure. Can the lender put a lien on the (house) after foreclosure if I am not on the deed?

How can I put by name back on the deed of the property that was illegally signed away [ 1 Answers ]

What's the least expensive way to go about being put back on a deed of property that was left to me on a will and was signed away by me to my mother on a quit claim deed when I was 13 years of age and just a minor by my mother who was the conservator of the property when my grandfather past away.

Name added on deed before marriage - getting divorced [ 2 Answers ]

Right before we were married, my husband added my name onto the deed of his house which he owned for about 13 years before we met (the mortgage was kept in his name only). He started an affair 2 months after we were married that carried on for most of the marriage. I gave him a second chance and...

View more questions Search