Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hoot Gibson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Some 15 yrs. Ago I bought about 15% udi in a small tract of land with some 50 or heir
    Some eight years ago I bought about a 15% undivided interest in a small tract of land which has some 50 or more owners [four generations mostly without wills] . None of these other owners are any kin to me and their interests vary from small percentages of one percent to 3 or 4 %. All the other owners live in another state and I have used the land as if it were wholly mine. Although I don't actually live on the land, I use it for income producing purposes, and pay the annual txes. A couple of the others have sent in some tax payments a time or two, but not regularly. Any adverse possession hope for me in the future as to any or all of the other partial owners?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 01:38 PM

Nope, in fact you could end up owe them money for the profit from the land.

You are merely using it as part owner which you have the right, but then they would have the right to come and do things on the land also.

It appears there is no association with rules or guidelines,

But no you will not be able to take away their ownerships.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get someone off the land I bought [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a peace of land and someone was living in a trailer on the land and they own the trailer but I told them when I bought the land they had to take there trailer and go that was about 9 mouths ago and they don't pay rent and there is no lease I just want them off the land.What to do??

Bought a car a year ago [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a car about a year ago. I got it financed. After a few days the car dealer said that the car had to be inspected because it had been wrecked. We did what he said and the car didn't pass. We can't get a tag for it which means we can't drive it. We have been trying to get him to either...

A Debt from 20 yrs ago [ 1 Answers ]

I financed some furniture 20 years ago, in 1988 or 1989. I was evicted with 72 hours to leave premises. I called the furniture company and informed them because I didn't have anywhere to take the furniture, everything went on the sidewalk. Now the family is trying to collect in 2007. What are my...

Tax implications of selling multi apartment building bought over 50 yrs ago [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Is there any way to minimize the tax burden attached to selling a multi apartment building with commercial space on the ground floor in a high value area of New Jersey? I'm wondering if my parents sold their own home and moved into one of the units if that would help any. We're...

Betrayal 25 yrs ago [ 21 Answers ]

I have always been very insecure and jealous. Recently my husband of 40 yrs told me that he went to a nude bar 25 yrs ago and I cannot stop thinking about it. I was 1000 miles away while he was in Tx staying with an uncle trying to find work. We were losing our home due to his being laid off and...

View more questions Search