Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 20, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Swine Flu Shot?
    I got the swine flu shot at my school last week. And it hurt so bad and they just jammed it in me. But I just wanted to ask is the shot fatal and could there be serve side effects. Im just asking because I saw on the news about the girl who couldn't walk forward. So that really scared me. But thanks in advance!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 10:15 AM

The shot isn't fatal, but the swine flue (H1N1) could be without the shot. If you got it last week and have no medical issues, I guess you are in the clear.

The girl who couldn't walk forward, was a hoax.

Dec 20, 2009, 10:35 AM

What! A hoax you mean I was worked up for nothing!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    What! A hoax you mean I was worked up for nothing!
    Yup. There is NO medical condition that will make you walk backwards.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 11:05 AM

Yea, it hurts a bit. I believe it's given intramuscular and not subcuteneusly. Considering I inject myself using the latter method up to 8x per day and poke by finger 4x. The H1N1 fulu shot hurts by those standards. I got it a few days ago. No issues, other than the initial injection ouch.

Dec 20, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Yea, it hurts a bit. I believe it's given intramuscular and not subcuteneusly. Considering I inject myself using the latter method up to 8x per day and poke by finger 4x. The H1N1 fulu shot hurts by those standards. I got it a few days ago. No issues, other than the initial injection ouch.
    Thank You.

Dec 20, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yup. There is NO medical condition that will make you walk backwards.
    Thank you for answering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you going to get either the seasonal flu shot or the swine flu shot? [ 63 Answers ]

Don't know how to do a "poll" so I'll just ask this Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the seasonal flu shot this year? Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the series of swine flu shots this year? Have you or any of your family members ever had a flu shot...

Swine Flu Shot [ 4 Answers ]

Hello experts, 1. I (ealier 20s) just got received a seasonal flu shot on Friday, can I receive the recent swine flut shot in couple days? ( 3 days separation between these two flu shots). 2. Does a 52 yr-old adult need to have the swine flu shots as well?

What is swine flu and how one gets it? [ 2 Answers ]

What is swine flu?

Swine flu [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I work in a store where more then 30people have had swine flu in the last 3weeks. My doctor has signed me off because I had 3 miscarriges last year and I'm already having braxton hicks contractions so me getting swine flu could be really harmful to myself and the baby but...

Swine flu [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been exposed to swine flu. A friend of my was sick and then have been tested for swine flu with a positive result. I am leaving for a trip in Japan tomorrow and my concern regards the fact that I don't want to be sick far away. How big is the probability that I will be sick for swine...

View more questions Search